Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide access to users for transaction variants and standard txns?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a trasnsaction variants to ME11 and ME12 through SHD0 transaction. I know we can assign user to variant group.

But our Basis person, not interested to have production user transported from Development system.

Hence i created ZME11 and ZME12 through SE93 for ME11 and ME12 respectively with transaction variants.

So, how to provide authorization only to ZME11 and ZME12 to some users but not giving access to ME11 and ME12?

When trying to save info record through ZME11 , it says 'you do not have authorization to ME11'.

How would we acheive this? Can you please provide your inputs with more details?

thank you,

Anil

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately for you ME11 is a really old program and it contains hard coded logic specific to transaction codes. For example have a look at routine BERECHTIGUNGEN_3 in include MM06IF01_BERECHTIGUNGEN_3. You can see that it checks for S_TCODE for hard coded value 'ME12'. So users need to have authorization to run ME12 even they are runinng your custom transaction. If you are getting an error in routine BERECHTIGUNGEN_3 then you can try to use implicit enhancement point to implement similar check for your custom Z transactions. Basically, insert same code at the beginning of routine but modified for custom transaction. The injected code would be executed only for custom transactions.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a developer activity?

using TCODE SE93 ....?