cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ and SSO - Error retrieving JCO destination, no SAP logon ticket found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've configured CTS+ to transport objects from my ESR. When I set up the CTSserver RFC destination from the Java stack to the ABAP stack with a fixed technical userid (my own for testing purposes!) and password everything works perfectly. When I reconfigure it to use the "current user" via SSO, I get an error saying:

Error retrieving JCO destination

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No SAP logon ticket found

Either my Java stack is not issuing tickets at all (can't see why) or my authentication process for the ESR is not using a login stack which generates a SSO ticket.

I used the NWA Configuration Management->Security->Authentication process to find the Policy Configuration called "sap.com/com.sap.xi.repository*rep" and set the "used template" field to "ticket". However, when I look at the Policy Configuration Details properties it says "auth_method" = "basic".

Has anybody successfully used SSO to transport ESR objects with CTS+ and, if so, what have I missed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The issue with SSO in CTS+ transport is a known limitation in CTS+ transport. This is documented in note #1003674 Enhancement for non-ABAP systems in CTS. See the second point, in section "General limitations (as of Support Package Stack 14 or 7.1/Support Package 6)".

As a work around you can use a configured user in the RFC destination. This can be done by disabling the aii property,

"com.sap.aii.ib.core.sso.enabled".

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

I'll stop banging my head against this particular brick wall and try to find somewhere else to bang it! Disappointing outcome but at least I know not to bother trying to make the unworkable work.

Answers (0)