cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Data from MDM with out Syndicator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have MDM 7.1 installed in the landscape but we dont have license for MDM Syndicator.

I want to extract the data from MDM Repository ( like snap shot ) using MDM ABAP API or MDM Java API.

want to extract the data and dump it into a csv file.

Can I do it? Is it feasible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to automate the job, I need to generate the file on daily basis.

I can schedule the Job in Unix or ECC or SRM . Then call the MDM Repository through MDM API and generate the file.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudha,

Yes this is very well possible to schedule the job in ECC or SRM which will execute a program to fetch data from MDM and write a file. This will be an ABAP program using MDM ABAP API.

You can also acheive same thing using JAVA API.

But this kind of development will be very complex and will need a lot of efforts. Also, if number of reports increase or format is different then you may have to write separate programs which will add more efforts to achieve your requirement.

I would also like to add that this kind of custom development may not provide you flexibility for data selection and ease of reporting like syndicator.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the recommended way to do reporting for transactions performed in SRM_MDM catalog ( SRM5, MDM2.0)

Users inside SRM_MDM catalog can search for and select Product ABC and u201Ccompareu201D between 2 or more suppliers of the same product.

Where do I get reporting (Data Manager , syndicator?) Is it possible to get reporting on the shopping carts (inside MDM) that choose supplier X at price 12 vs Supplier Y at price 11 for product ABC. Were trying to find out how many times users choose a higher price for a product instead of a lower price for the same product.

By the time i transfer the Cart to SRM the selection has already been made and i cannot report on it...

Option use BI to run report in MDM catalog..!

cheers

alex

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sudha

This is quite possible you can use Data manager for exporting the records, it also gives us an option for selecting the fields which we want to export and we can also arrange them in order we want. As of now export feature is available for excel and text as well and files can be saved in the local machine/network drives.

You can also include the Qualifiers, remote system details apart from the main table fields.

Problem is this is a manual exercise and can not be scheduled or automated unlike in syndicator.

hope this meets your requirement.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SudhaViz,

Do you have MDM Data Manager?

If so then you can export data out of MDM with all the fields and its values. Open MDM Data Manager>Go to File>Export-->you can select format as Text, Excel etc. This will solve your problem. Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible for a small set of data.