Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping error - The input-parameter <channel> does not exist

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in PI 7.1 imported from a standard design packge (for NFe solution) used to send invoices through an email to the customers (B2B outbound scenario).

I had changed this scenario by implementing the steps commented in the article http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00a7ba12-e7cd-2b10-d589-e52b11346f77.

Basically is to perform a lookup in the mapping during runtime to get an email address and put it in advanced email adapter configuration ("TO" field).

As described in the article, I created a Z mapping with the RFC call and informed such mapping name in the existing Operation Mapping, only changing the order which the mappings will be executed (there is another one, Java mapping and I needed to push it to second, and put the ZMapp in first).

Now, when testing this message mapping (Z) it works fine, the lookup is done.

When I try to test the Operation Mapping (with ZMapping first and Java Mapping second), it throws me the error:

RuntimeException when executing application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_SourceMail_to_TargetMail_; Details: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException; com.sap.aii.mapping.api.UndefinedParameterException: The input-parameter In_RFC_ECC does not exist.

(In_RFC_ECC is the communication channel created to perform the lookup).

Does anyone knows where is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rafael Vieira.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Emileh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1777200 describes exactly problem we had. We are implementing solution now.

Regards,

Emile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any news here? We are having the same problem here on a PI 7.31 system. Even more it seems that sometimes the wrong parameter values are handed over to the mapping which is very strange.

Thanks,

Christian

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, our issue is still ongoing with OSS however we have a workaround which you can follow with these steps:

1) open up the swcv in the target system for changes.

2) delete the mapping objects (operation mapping and all includes message mappings)

3) make a dummy change to the mapping object in dev and export (a dummy change like adding a space to the description)

4) import to target system. This will cause conflicts due to the previous deletes.

5) log off the repository tools and restart. You'll now see the conflicts tab - its only visible if you log off and on. Good work there SAP!

Resolve the conflicts by choosing the displayed version ( the imported one ). Activate.

6) the mappings will now work fine.

Emileh
Explorer
0 Kudos

This thread is about a year old but we experience the same issue. Is there any news for a solution provided bij SAP?

Regards,

Emile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emile,

we experienced the same thing about a year ago, but good news: SAP provided a note which solved the problem for us.

Have a look at http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1933139

Kind regards,

Thomas

Emileh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately issue described in this note is not exactly the same. And we are already on the correct SP and patch level of PI731 SP10.

When we transport via export/import the mapping params are transferred correctly.

When accessing the message mapping we get the error:

"Java type of a parameter in function const has changed. Parameter binding will be ignored."

Kind Regards,

Emile

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had this behavior before when I had deleted a parameter in the mapping. (so not exactly the same issue).

It was solved after I cleared all caches in PI.

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ha-ha... We've cleared every cache we can find and them some... Plus restarts of course...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, any progress on this issue? I see the same thing...

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have had no progress on this subject.

The patch was applied but the error still there.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

Were you able to solve this? It seems that the parameters get retained when using file system as transport method, but with CTS it disappears.

Regards,

Mark

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Anyone managed to solve this issue... We are on PO7.31sp6 and are getting this exact error as specified in the OSS message which is only for versions 7.10 to 7.20 however...

It works perfectly in our DEV environment  - only when transported to TST environment do we get the error. The operation mapping tests successfully on its own.

?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vieria,

In your inteface mapping there is parameter tab. You need to fill the parameter and also test your interface mapping or press F7 for checking the interface mapping.

Regards,

---Satish

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I haven't done these steps. When tried to hit F7, it shows me an error.

Now, just inserted in Parameters on Operation Mapping (i'm within PI 7.1) through Parameters button, the same information as MM (comm. channel name, Category - Adapter, Type - RFC, Parameter - Import, Description - blank).

Also, hit on arrow button, under Binding column, at Mapping Program section.

The Binding was with an "?" value, so I put the comm. channel name also (only for the 1st MM. There is another Java Mapping which shouldn't be affected).

Now when I press F7 on OM, it shows me no errors found during object check.

When executing through RWB i'm still getting error, but with another description:

Thrown: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length()

of an object loaded from local variable 'guid' at com.sap.guid.GUID.parseHexGUID(GUID.java:1015)

Runtime exception occurred during mapping

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Rafael Vieira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to test in your test tab and then try with end to end. Probably you may be missing something in testing with RWB.

Regards,

---Satish

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

in test tab it works fine.

In RWB still shows me this error.

I'm taking the payload from SXMB_MONI and put in ESR MM test tab, then trigger the test.

It works fine... then I take the same payload and put in RWB test message.

Another suggestion?

Thanks for your valuable help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell the process what you are doing in rwb to test i mean the steps? Also r u getting any error there?

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No errors when executing test on RWB.

I perform the steps to test in mapping test tab.

Once it success, I get the payload and put in the Payload section in RWB test message (Component Monitoring > Integration Engine > Test Message > Payload...).

Also filled the header fields (Sender Component, Interface, Interf. Namspc > User/Pwd, QoS Exac. Once).

It shows me Message Sent.

To check the results, SXMB_MONI and filter it.

Red flag, with the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">RUNTIME_EXCEPTION</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>Thrown: java.lang.NullPointerException: while tryi</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>ng to invoke the method java.lang.String.length()</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>of an object loaded from local variable 'guid' at</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4>com.sap.guid.GUID.parseHexGUID(GUID.java:1015) ~</SAP:P4>

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during mapping</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems there is an issue in your interface mapping. I am not sure whether you are giving the payload which you are giving in RWB as source for your java mapping? Some thing wrong there only. Please recheck once again.

Regards,

---Satish

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm getting much the same error.

When I'm on my Development system I can see the parameter I have configured in my message mapping. But when I transport the change to QA then the parameter has desapeared. It is a bit frustrating.

In the processing log when I open the message mapping in QA i get the following error:

The source structure, target structure, or a function library has been changed or could not be found in the Enterprise Services Repository. The mapping definition contains elements or attributes that do not exist in the changed structure, or functions that were changed in a function library. The relevant entries will be deleted.

Java type of a parameter in function 'rfclookup' has changed. Parameter binding will be ignored

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried to exclude the Java Mapping, just to avoid using more than one.

But I'm getting the same error.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> RuntimeException when executing application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_SourceMail_to_TargetMail_; Details: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException; com.sap.aii.mapping.api.UndefinedParameterException: The input-parameter In_RFC_ECC does not exist.

Hi ,

There is a some problem while implementing RFC look up in Operation mapping (multiple mappings)..

look in to below thread..and check OSNOTE 1307777 and you need to apply patch

Regards,

Raj

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I was waiting for basis guys to apply such note. It's applied!

Additionally, I've applied all configurations mentioned in these other threads but I'm facing the same error right now.

I can run the test successfully in MM (and I do see the lookup value returned, as an evidence that the lookup is executed) but when I go through RWB it still returns me this error.

Any other idea?

Thanks and regards,

Rafael Vieira.