cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Stand Alone ERM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are investigating the feasibility of implementing Enterprise Role Management (ERM) as a stand alone application for managing roles, documentation and workflow approvals.

Other tools are being used for provisioning and SOD analysis. Unfortunately, implementing RAR and CUP are not options.

Has anyone had experience with running ERM without RAR and CUP?

Thanks!!!

Warm Regards,

Joe Klein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Joseph,

Keep in mind that if you will not be using RAR integrated with ERM you will be losing conflicts detection in designing stage. You will not get any preventive added value.

Just one question from my side: Why RAR will not be implemented?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

Yes, we don't care about SODs... Just kidding

My client is already using another tool for SODs. Due to company politics, the security team will not approach audit about replacing the other tool.

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

Thank you for your response and valuable information. That is what I suspected. We are going to install the whole suite to make sure that any desired component is there... While we definately won't use RAR, we will configure the minimum in CUP to take advantage of the workflow engine (but not the core provisioning functionality). Some of my other contacts tell me this will work fine.

Other than not using RAR functionality with ERM, are there any other potential issues? Thanks again!

Warm Regards,

Joe Klein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

>We are investigating the feasibility of implementing Enterprise Role Management (ERM) as a stand alone application for managing roles, documentation and workflow approvals

To configure workflow , you will have to integrate ERM with CUP .

Standalone ERM will not support workflows.

Regards

-Ranjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

The main drawbacks for implementing a stand alone ERM without RAR and CUP will be:

- You won't be able to identify SoD conflicts.

- You won't be able to manage role approvals.

You will be able to use ERM as you central repository for role management.

Hope it helps. Regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add some more comments. I don't think there is a single customer out there who is trying to use ERM without RAR or CUP. I don't think ERM serves much without RAR or CUP and would not recommend to implement it on it's own.

Regards,

Alpesh