cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of SAP HR trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am implementing SAP GRC AC 5.3 SP11 at a client's place. I have two questions relating to SAP HR Trigger functionality,

Note: SAP HR and SAP ECC are on two different servers

1.) Can we set a condition for automatic trigger which is sent through SAP HR for New Hire to limit the number of GRC ids to be given? In simple terms, I do not want a trigger sent for every new employee updated in SAP HR system.

2.) When an employee is transfered from one plant to another, can the New Functional manager whom he is reporting to, be able to delete the roles which are assigned to him in the previous location? Though SAP HR trigger has the functionality of sending an automatic trigger in CUP and also delimit the old roles, but the HR department at my client's location is not diligent enough to update the change in employee's location, hence the question.

Regards,

P Thomson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any expert reply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Your trigger would have to be configured in such a way as to differentiate between New Hire request you want to process and those you dont. perhaps the use of a different reason code when you perform the New Hire action in HR. For example,

rule would activate for ACTION TYPE = NEW HIRE and REASON = GRC HIRE (or whatever you would want to lable it)

2. You can configure one of your workflow stages so that the roles can be edited by the person at that stage.