cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade liveCache on a Refreshed System

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have completed an SCM 5.0 to SCM 7.01 upgrade/unicode conversion for our APD, APQ and APP systems and instead of upgrading our APM system we are just doing a system copy of APP to APM. The one issue we are having is that the APP liveCache version gets upgraded during the upgrade to 7.7.06, but our liveCache version for the APM system is only 7.6.03. So using the Upgrade Guide for SAP SCM 7.0 SR1 - Standalone Engine SAP liveCache Technology 7.7: Unix guide it says that we can do a Inplace upgrade, but when we try that we get the error below. The other option was an SCM Extract/Load Upgrade, but this is only if you are doing an upgrade at the same time. Besides that when I try the inplace upgrade and get the error below if I go to the report menitoned, Section B is already grayed out. So my question is how can I do the inplace upgrade and get past the error below?

switch liveCache state back to OFFLINE

MaxDB instance "APM" not ready to update

checking data consistency for liveCache migration...

switch liveCache state to ONLINE

looking for ready for update flag...

sql_execute select owner,tablename from tables where tablename = '__$__LCFLAG'

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: SQL error

100,Row not found

liveCache is not ready for update

make sure that all liveCache transaction data

stored in the APO system

by using step B1 (download liveCache data) of report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70

switch liveCache state back to OFFLINE

Thanks for your help,

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we believe we have it fixed. we did not have the /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS program in our integration tab.

Thanks for your help

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

-> Did you create the SAP message on this issue? What is the number of SAP message?

-> As you are running the system copy it's not the correct procedure.

After the initialization of the liveCache in LiveCache in LC10 with postinitialization report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS set for LCA connection the transactional data will be lost on your system.

Are you running the system copy or installing the brand new system?

Regards, NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the OSS note is 612660.

We were copying just the SCM database not the liveCache portion. After the refresh has been completed we load data back into the liveCache.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little more info about what we are doing and the answers to your questions...

We just upgraded/unicode converted our APD,APQ and APP systems from SCM 5.0 to SCM 7.01. We now are in the process of refreshing our APM system from our APP system. We are not refreshing the liveCache, but one of our steps after refreshing APM is to initialize liveCache using transaction lc10. We have done that and then the next step says to look at the SAPSR3 tables in liveCache through SQL Studio, when we do that we see two tables and there are supposed to be about ten tables. Our next step says if you do not see all tables to run the /sapapo/om03 transaction, it is at this point I get the error Table MATRIXINDE does not exist in the database with ID LCA.

We have used this same refresh documentfor the past 5 or so years doing a refresh of the APM system every month. We have had to run the /sapapo/om03 transaction alot of times with no problems.

Did you run initialize the liveCache instance for the restore using DBMGUI or Database studio? through transaction lc10

Did you restore the databackup of the source liveCache? No, we are not trying to refresh/restore the liveCache, just the SCM database

What liveCache application tables do you have in the source liveCache?

These tables show up in our source

/sapapo/om_lcprofdata

/sapapo/om_upl

/sapapo/om_upl_clno

/sapapo/ordkey

/sapapo/ordmap

/sapapo/stockanc

/sapapo/upgr_lc_anch

appsysparam

lcalerts

lca_warnings

matrixindextab

mmrp_datevecs

rpm_perf_data

rpm_plan_file

The only tables that show in our taget is:

appsysparam

warnings

Did you Follow the SAP note:

886103 System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM ?? Yes, but we have a document that we have been using for the past 5 or so years and we do this refresh monthly. The only difference this time is that the upgrade/unicode was done.

What is the standard liveCache user of the source liveCache?

SAPSR3

Please post the output of SQL statements, connect as SYSDBA user::

select * from users

CONTROL CONTROL ADMIN MULTIPLE ? ? ? DEFAULT 2010-07-27 14:56:55

SUPERDBA SUPERDBA SYSDBA MULTIPLE ? ? ? DEFAULT 2010-07-27 14:56:55

SUPERDBA SAPSR3 DBA MULTIPLE ? ? ? UNICODE 2010-07-27 14:57:05

select * from tables where owner='SAP'

no output

select * from tables where owner='SAPSR3'

SAPSR3 SAPSR3 APPSYSPARAM SELUPDDELINSREFINDALT+ TABLE TABLE 2010-07-27 14:57:35 2010-07-27 14:57:35

SAPSR3 SAPSR3 LCA_WARNINGS SELUPDDELINSREFINDALT+ TABLE TABLE 2010-07-27 14:57:35 2010-07-27 14:57:35

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, we were able to get past that, but now get this error.

when we run transaction Livecache Check (/SAPAPO/OM03) we get the erro i.e.Table MATRIXINDE does not exist in the database with ID LCA

runtime error DBIF_RSQL_TABLE_UNKNOWN

When we look there are only 2 tables in it

AAPSYSNAME

LCA_WARNINGS

We try to re-initialize the livecache.

I have opened an OSS note 612660

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

George

Edited by: George Woods on Jul 27, 2010 10:25 PM

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you run initialize the liveCache instance for the restore using DBMGUI or Database studio?

Did you restore the databackup of the source liveCache?

What liveCache application tables do you have in the source liveCache?

Did you Follow the SAP note:

886103 System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM ??

< see more details also in sap note 877203 >

What is the standard liveCache user of the source liveCache?

Please post the output of SQL statements, connect as SYSDBA user<superdba by default>::

select * from users

select * from tables where owner='SAP<SID1>'

select * from tables where owner='SAP<SID2>'

< where SID1 is the name of the source liveCache, SID2 is the name of the target liveCache >

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

1. I recommend to open the SAP message on this issue.

2. B section steps of the /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 report could run before the downtime during the upgrade on the source SCM 5.0 system.

3. u201Cinstead of upgrading our APM system we are just doing a system copy of APP to APM.u201D

On the target liveCache server:

a) Download the SAR file as pro corresponding note from

-> SAP SCM 7.0 ->

u201CMatrix of released LCA builds for SAP SCM 7.0u201D

With the same LCA/liveCache versions as on source liveCache server.

b) Use SDBINST or SDBSETUP to install the database software.

c) Run initialize the liveCache instance for the restore using DBMGUI or Database studio.

d) Follow the SAP note:

886103 System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM

Regards, Natalia Khlopina