Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create offline interactive forms using webdynpro java with XML data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a scenario like below:

Sales guy request for order list online from portal- Sytem receives the request and creat XML file- from xml file need to create a Offline interactive form-Sales guy fills it offline at customer site- uploads in portal -on submit xml has to be generated with captured data at customer site-Process to ECC.

So my questions are:

How to create the offline interactive form from XML?

Once filled offline interactive form uploaded into portal how to create XML again from pdf ?

Please give some idea on this as this is my first Offline interactive form using XML datasource.

Thanks

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Sunkara on Jul 27, 2010 5:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Third try: Man, do you use WDJ or offline form? This question is bugging me. I have offered solution for offline form and for WDJ form and don´t understand why do you mix up the key-words...

Edited by: Otto Gold on Jul 28, 2010 9:45 AM

Edited by: Otto Gold on Jul 28, 2010 9:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Sorry for replying lately. First of all I did not get your suggestions as your are editing the same posting.

Secondly we will be using WDJ. Actually in between SAP Portal and ECC we are having adobe LCES so we need to create Interactive form using XML only. Once it is filled again the form will be submitted to another application which is running on FLEX, which will process the order.

if you can give me your personal id i can send you the detailed process

Thanks

Ravi

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use WDJ, then the form will not be offline, right? But you said something about using it offline.

If you have WDJ framework available to use, you can use all the fancy things in Java, like XSLT. Why don´t you use XSLT to translate one XML (incoming) to the second XML (the one needed for WDJ) and do the same when sending the data from WDJ?

You can find all the details about myself in my business card:))

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

With WDJ we can create offline interactive forms, which will be working offline ie the user can download the PDF form fill it up and again upload the PDF using WDJ application.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, didn´t know that. Then my previous comments could be wrong. I am sorry for that. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi

we can do it in WDA easily

Regards

johny