cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MI Web Console - not displaying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I tried to display SAP MI Web Console through the following URL, getting 404 error. I tried directly using URL not via any transaction.

https://myserver.domain.com:8443/me/WebConsole/login

I have configured https successfully and is showing working in 'smicm'.

Is there any menu path or transaction through which we can access this URL (bsp) page ?

I have created a profile with the following authorization objects and assigned to the user:

S_ME_SYNC

S_RFC

S_TCODE

S_MI_MGMT

S_MI_CCMS

S_MI_ALERT

S_DATASET

I am following Installation an Configuration guide of SAP Mobile Infrastructure 2.5 SPS17 (Standard program)

Even though I assigned these authorizations to the user, I dont see any use because I am trying to access webconsole directly via URL not via any transaction. So I am wondering how these authorizations going to help for that particular user's login.

I believe I am missing something. Anybody, please guide me.

Regards

Ragavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Oliver.

You have lodged in me hope:)

I Will try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Oliver.

Thanks, for your help.

I saw that there is a new possibility for system, but I believed that it for seniors SP.

Now I try to install new SP and I will try.

I am ready to use new technology, but to me it was not clear why NWDS tries to cause the console. And still a question. I so understand that MI Web Console is used for loading applications on the mobile device. I can do it without the console?

On page Mobile Admin I come with the rights misuperdmin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

if you have mobile admin, you do not need webconsole any longer. It does the same for you and even it does more. So be happy to have mobile admin now

Hopefully the installation works fine for you. Please use the MI Admin user for any connections you need to setup mentioned in the setup guide, otherwise you have problems with the connecitons and the error messages are a little weired.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Here I also try to understand, whether this is necessary to me Mi Web Console.

And, if it is not supported, why in installation guide there are on it references and why NWDS refers to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

please use the installation guide for new technology! The one you used is for old technology. Follow the link mentioned earlier, this will help!

The old technology is just for customers using that version to support them still. For your new instalation you should go with latest release.

I think anyway: talk to your BASIS Peson - you have some issues withports. Look into SICF if the ports you enter are correct and if all services are running. If you can see the J2EE startpage, you are able to starte the mobile admin from there by simply clicking Administrator -> mobile admin. If you can not log in, your user has no appropiate rights for J2EE admin access.

Well, that should helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You could then to tell, what java application (can be servlet) works for mi web console?

There can be a way to it on a server?

Edited by: Vladimir Vtulkin on Nov 21, 2008 10:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Why don't you use the Mobile Administrator, the web console in 7.0 is no longer used. Please consult this link and let me know if this helps you. Starting the Mobile Administrator

Best regards,

María Margarita Monteverde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

These document I saw and have executed them.

All the same, someone can tell, MI Web Console is bsp or Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebConsole is BSP, but you want to use MI Mobile Admn and this is WebDynpro and so it is Java.

regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

To tell the truth, I am am surprised with this situation.

I have installed NW7.0 sp09. In installation has included MI.

Further, began to do customisations on MI Installation Guide.

Like, all was good, while I have not reached the item "Starting the SAP MI Web Console" where has received an error. Has tried through NWDS - the same situation.

MI Web Console is bsp the application? What then to it a fully qualified path? Or it Java a component and where then it is?

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

okay, spo you have installed it from scratch. In that case please use the latest version of MI Admin tool.

You will find the detailed setup guide herE:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a3/583aef1baa6d42b22bedcb4dec5db9/frameset.htm

Follow the setup procedure in Configure Netweaver AS - please have in mind to use the MI Admin user while configuring the connections, otherwise you have missing authorisations.

Talk to your Basis person to get the correct settings for ports and other connections from them.

That should help!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, Oliver.

I the beginner in MI.

ICM port 50000.

Access to http://server:50000 at me is with the rights of the administrator.

What should be activated in SICF?

At me are activated bc-> bsp-> sap, public-> bc, public-> bsp.

http://server:50000/me - opens in NWDS when I do export the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you open http://server:50000 and it shows the admin page and you have activated the services in bc/bsp/sap then it should open http://server:50000/me as well. There you should be able to logon with the requested data. Even it is really the old MI model it will work fine still. So I am a little lost where your issue is.

Can you descibe that more in detail?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

At me the same problem. I can not start MI Web Console.

Help please council.

NW07 SPS09 (ABAP+JAVA).

http://server:50000/me - 404 error

Edited by: Vladimir Vtulkin on Nov 18, 2008 2:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your case I think you shuld run with WebAdmin tool anyway. Please go with the HTTP port given by ICM and then navigate to the admin.

If you are really still on ME, make sure it is running in SICF and then try to acces HTTP://servername:serverport

If that one runs, you can add the /me to it, that is usually all you need. Further steps depend on where you start to struggle.

Regads,

Oliver

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

r u sure the port u have given here is correct or not ...

The webconsole is the part of the J2EE Stack of the MI Installation . usually the HTTP port of the SAP J2EE engine is 50000 by default (if u have the 00 as instance number)..

<b>the standard assumption of the port number is like this,

HTTP port of the SAP J2EE WAS = 5<instance number>00

for example if ur instance number is 01

then the port number is 50100 .. for instance number 00 , port is 50000... like this...</b> i think the port u have entered is not correct . it might be the HTTP port number of the R/3 server itself..

check it and try....

<<<Is there any menu path or transaction through which we can access this URL (bsp) page ?

>>>

as i mentioned earlier , webconsole is the part of the J2EE stack. bsp lying in the ABAP part..

MI server is a dual stack server (J2EE + ABAP server)

the authorizations u r giving here are checked while accessing the ABAP transactions , calling RFCs (BAPI Wrappers), when the MI user tries to sync with the MI server.. that user must have authorizations to execute RFCs , MI related transactions and function modules in the ABAP stack...

when u use the webconsole , that authorizations will be checked inorder to display the details of applications , installed applications , mobile devices attached to the MI server .. all those things are stored withing the ABAP stack .... so those authorizations will be checked before displaying those details .....

hope u have exactly followed the MI Installation Guide ...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Thanks for the info.

Let me explain the situation more.

I have configured HTTPS in MI server as requested by install/config guide inorder to access the WebConsole.

The port number for HTTPS is 8443. So I tried the login url via HTTPS using the port 8443.

Same way, I tried HTTP method, using port 50100 as my instance is 01.

The result is samething. 404 error.

In the meantime, I tried login 'SAP NetWeaver Administrator' page. After login, I navigated to

Administration tab where I see 'Mobile Infrastructure' with following menu items:

Mobile Infrastructure

->Hierarchy Grouping

->Device Maintenance

->Device Configurations

->Configuration Parameter Sets

->Setup Packages

->Mobile Components

->Mobile Archive Converter

->Data Carrier Synchronization

->role_sync

If this is same as 'WebConsole' I can start working on these, instead of trying WebConsole. Please advice

Thanks

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

As I am NOT getting 'WebConsole' screen but ony 404 error, now I have a doubt whether my server has MI 2.5 installed successfully or not.

Is there anyway to check whether MI 2.5 installed in the middleware server or not.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ragavan.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa ,

There are , J2EE Sync Servlet and ABAP service for controlling the Synchronization.

If you are using J2EE Sync Servlet as synchronization controller , then u have to make use of the WebConsole for Device Administration.

If the Sync controller is ABAP Service , then u can make use of the NetWeaver Administrator for Device Administration..

So u can use NetWeaver administrator in place of WebConsole . NWA has so many additional functionalities ..

You have to properly configure the system once to set up NWA .

SAP NetWeaver Mobile Administrator (Mobile administrator) contains all the functions you need to configure and manage mobile devices.. With NWA u can configure the Mobile Devices ..

I think the usage of ABAP service and the NWA are still in the testing phase .The configuration of Pilot Program is available in Service Market Place ... SP 17 is the latest version...

just refer these links for getting details of NWA ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/75/a54942da51690de10000000a155106/content.htm

refer this link also ..

http://service.sap.com/nw-mi

<<<<

As I am NOT getting 'WebConsole' screen but ony 404 error, now I have a doubt whether my server has MI 2.5 installed successfully or not.

Is there anyway to check whether MI 2.5 installed in the middleware server or not.

>>>>

All the required components to work with SAP MI will be installed with the basic installation of the SAP NetWeaver Server ( Dual Stack ABAP + J2EE Stack). So if the installation is completed successfully , then it means all the components are installed properly . You only have to configure it properly. So in your case , it has completed successfully .

All the configuration details are in the Installation document associated with the particular Service Pack level..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavan,

Since you are able to login thru HTTP via 50100 port that means your WAS is configured properly.

You try with

http://<server>:50100/me

This should open the me console.

If this doesn't open that means there's some problem with the installation.

Port 8443 may not work if HTTPS is not configured properly.

Regards,

Ravi