cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace autoextend turn back to "auto"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had recently a problem with PSAPSR3 tablespace, the tablespace reached its maximal size 200GB, which resulted in unexpected stop of our SAP server.

I've extended the tablespace with two new files using brtools to 220GB, but now the tablespace PSAPSR3 has AUTOEXTEND off.

I would like to change it to "on" and set the maxsize to 500GB, so it would be automatic again.

DB is Oracle 10.2.0.4

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wiktor,

Auto extend in on datafile level not on tablespace level.

So Please set properties of datafile to Autoextend in brtools while adding any datafile to tablespace by brtools.

Regards,

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I understand now how it works, Thanks

but when I list all datafiles with brtools all of them has autoextend on

however the DB02 says tablespace PSAPSR3 autoextend : NO

When I was adding those two datafiles last time, I used default settings from brtools : size 10000 maxsize 10000, should I next time set size to 0 and maxsize to 10000 (autoextend "on", of course) ?

Regards,

Wiktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see tablespace PSAPSR3 Autoextend off then all datafile of this tablespace will be having autoextend off.

Better to go

DB02->Tablespace->detailed analysis->double click on tablespace name->got to Datafile tab to know properties of datafile of this tablespace.

Regards,

Shivam Mittal

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use:

brspace -c -u / -f dfalter

choose option "3 - Turn on and maintain autoextend"

good luck.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wiktor,

> but now the tablespace PSAPSR3 has AUTOEXTEND off.

The setting "AUTOEXTEND OFF" is not set at tablespace level. It is set for every specific data file (or temp file). The SAP transaction DB02 is showing a summary, which can lead to the conclusion that the "whole" tablespace is set to "AUTOEXTEND OFF" .. sometimes SAP transactions are pretty confusing.

You can change it with BR*Tools:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f1/5e863f06593a17e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Stefan