SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carryforward residual budget (FMMPCOVR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using FMAVCR01 (Display annual values for control objects) we can see the following for a particular fund, fund center and funded program for fiscal year 2010..

Consumable Buget = 6,981.24

Consumed Amt = 1,356.56

Available Amt = 5,624.68

The consumed amount is a funds reservation that has been carried forward from a previous fiscal year but not yet carried forward to fiscal year 2011. The residual budget has always been carried forward before funds reservations in the past. But this time we get a budget error message.

Why does FMMPCOVR attempt to carry forward a residual budget amount of 6,981.24 as opposed to the 5,624.68 thus resulting in a budget exceeded hard error message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be something wrong with the key figure which serves you to calculate residual budget. Try checking it via report (FMKFR01), to see that it's correct. Also, try initializing AVC ledger (FMAVCREINIT) just to play it safe.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be something wrong with the key figure which serves you to calculate residual budget. Try checking it via report (FMKFR01), to see that it's correct. Also, try initializing AVC ledger (FMAVCREINIT) just to play it safe.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured that the key figure may not be calculating the correct amount.

FMKFR01 comes back to the total consumable amount 6,981.24 for the key figure YE_RESIDUAL.

I also ran FMAVCREINIT for good measure.

After testing serveral keyfigures in FMKFR01, I came across one that gave me the true available (MY_AVAILABLE) 5,624.68 but it is not available within transaction FMMPCOVR.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define via FMKFDEF the categories in which your key figure could be used. Swtich the 'Carry-Over' activity for the relevant KF and you will be able to use it.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question...

If the same Key Figure (YE_RESIDU_CONS) has been used in past years, and we have had this same situation before, what could be causing the hard budget error this time?

I looked back last year and verified that the same funds reservation reducing the consumable budget existed prior to the residual budget carry forward but the correct residual amount was carried forward.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only if you change the logic of your AVC ledger, for example change activity group or modify the calculation based on a value type... Also check if you strated recently to use 9C ledger (for CO postings within FM). In this case, there are certain notes which solve the problem, e.g. 1394228.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you help. After many hours of checking AVC settings and key figures and reading notes (specifically 939631), I discovered that creating a posting address in the sending fiscal year solves the problem. I don't understand how or why but I intend to follow up with SAP. Without a posting address in the sending fiscal year for the related account assignments with residual budget being transferred, the key figure calculates the beginning total consmable for carry forward incorrectly instead of the residual available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI All...

During FMJ2 carry forward (from 2009 to 2010), by chance the check for posting address in our system was turned off so in fiscal year 2010 a posting address was never created.

A posting address is needed for the correct key figure calculation in the sending fiscal year. During FMJ2 carry forward (from 2010 to 2011) the key figure was not calculating the residual budget correctly causing a hard error in FMMPCOVR.

Note 1328771 makes the creation of a posting address in the receiving fiscal year automatic with carry forward whenever the check for posting address is turned off. If the check for posting address is turned on then the system will give a hard error and require the manual creation of a posting address.

it just so happened that Note 1328771 was not complete for my release EA-PS 2.00 so the automatic creation in FY 2010 did not occur while we had the check for posting address turned off. A new note 1504414 was created for EA-PS 2.00 that corrects this.