SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidence needed for SAP Carrer (IS Retail+SD)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to change my Career path from IT Analyst to SAP IS RETAIL Consultant. I am Currently working in retail company (UK Retailer) from last 4 years as IT Analyst involved in Mapping business requirements and Implementing new systems etc.

I don't have any experience in SAP, I am planning to join Certification course for SD+ISRETAIL and I Checked with one of SAP Authorized training Center and got overview of IS RETAIL.

Retail industry is booming accross the world (including India) i think there will be enough opportunities for SAP IS Retail Consultants(this is one of the reason for changing Career path) . I believe experience i have gained in retail domain from last four years will be useful in implementing SAP IS Retail to suit client requirements.

I would request your guidence and suggestion on this.

Regards

Natraj

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel you have made a genuine plan. As you have good industry knowledge you should be able to grasp the concepts easily. You experience in Retail industry can help you in your job search.

In india you can target cos like IBM, Accenture which have big SAP Teams.

I feel you should go for IS Retail certification, not sure why you wanna do SD.

Cheers

Barry