cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial load for new qualifiers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on Vendor master. We have 1 qualified table - company code with appro 15 qualifiers and 1 NQ as company code. We have created 2 new qualifiers and want to import the initial load for existing vendors for these 2 qualifiers. For this we have 1 excel sheet with 4 fields

1. Vendor No

2. Company code

3. Fax no (New qualifier)

4. Internet email (New qualifier)

Please note that 1 vendor can belong to more than 1 company code and accordingly his fax no and email id might change.

I am facing the issues for importing initial load for these new qualifiers.

I have tried all options in Matching Qualifier (Set Qualified update ) in Import manager but still not able to import initial load.

Also if I select Update all qualifiers option and Update all mapped fields in Import action, its creating new entry of company code and fax and internet details but not updating exsiting record. As a result of this we are ending up with 2 records of company code in qualified table. 1 with 15 other qualifier values and other with these 2 values.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

After mapping the source excel file fields with target Destination fields in Import Manager. I mean your SRC Excel file sheet ( 1. Vendor No, 2. Company code, 3. Fax no (New qualifier) , 4. Internet email (New qualifier) with Target Destination fields.

Now right click on Target Destination field which is mapped with your source company Code field>Set Qualified Update>Update. Now remove All matching qualifier fields. I mean there should be no field available in Matching Qualifier column. Matching Qualifier Column should be empty.

New Links: Create OR Skip

Existing Links: Update (NULL Qualifiers Only) and then Press OK and then Import.

In this way, You will able to persist the existing 13 Qualifier Values and able to add only two newly added Qualifier values, resulting in 1 record only. This is working fine at my end.

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep and Jignesh,

Thanks for your help. I was able to import test records successfully.

But need some more clarification.

1. My import action shd be ' Update all mapped fields' in Import manager..Please Confirm.

2. There are few new company codes ( and corresponding fax and email address ) in excel sheet which are not in data manager ( though vendors are available in MDM). So I shd select ' New link' as 'CREATE'..Please confirm.

Kindly suggest / Confirm above queries.

Many thanks for your earlier answers and thanks in advance for above queries.

Best Regards

Rahul Kulkarni

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Your understanding is correct..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seem you are trying to updating Qualifier fields, kindly follow the below step

1. in import manager Configuration Option keep setting as follow

Default Qualifers Update : Append/Replace/ Update

Default Matching Qualifers : None / All

2. right click on your non Qualifier in your case company code choose update option and select none in matching qualifer and new link to skip and existing link update

this will resloved your problem in case not revert back

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Edited by: jignesh patel on Jul 28, 2010 6:10 PM

Edited by: jignesh patel on Jul 28, 2010 6:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

To update the qualifier you have to specify the qualifier field to match against the destination records.

In yr case ,there is no qualifier in yr source record file and it checks on NULL values and found no destination record matching the values so it is creating the new qualifier record.

To achieve this either add field in import manager in source hierrachy and set the value if the value is common in destination record for that field in destination record otherwise add some qualifier field in yr source fiel so that import manager match the values in destination record.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0991519-dcee-2b10-9180-b72c85b4d...

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thnaks for your reply. But I am not ale to understand your answer as in this case we do have 2 qualifiers (2 new fileds) and non qualifier is company code in my source file.

While importing, I am importing based on vendor number. ( I can not import based on vendor no and 'company code' combination as 'co code' is look up qualified and hence cant be display field and therefore there is no option to select company code as matching field.

Logically MDM system shd match source and destination based on vendor number and shd populate null fields ( 2 new qualifiers) based on respective company codes.

But its not happening . If I select update Null fields only (Import action) and/ or update null qualifiers in exsisting link option (qualified update), there is no update happening.

Kindly suggest any solution and also suggest if my logic is going wrong anywhere.

Best Regards

Rahul Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

You have four fields

1. Vendor No (main table field for matching record)

2. Company code (nq of company code qualified table)

3. Fax no (New qualifier)

4. Internet email (New qualifier)

See when you import qualifiers there is option available on main table field X(on right cleck) that is lookup to qualified table company code.

set qualified update and for this there are there option

append

replace

update

As you are considering Update.we will discuss on UPDATE.

when you choose Update then it will popup one window .

There you can select matching qualifiers.

Here all the qualifiers present whatever presented in repository.

As your source file contain only new fields that have no data in repository and your source file are not containing any old field.

So when you select some or all qualifier they will match yr source file values of corresponding choosen qualifier with destination values.

If you chose only new fields in matching qualifiers the there is not matching records and DM will create new qualifiers for that VENDOR NO record with null values for other old qualifier and value for new qualifier.

If you chose some old qualifier then as yr source file does not contain any value or field the in that case when import manager match teh values of matching qualifiers then it compare as NULL (source values)- destination values, as in this case also import will not get any matching record it will create again new qualifier records.

So MY SUGGESTION IS TO ADD SOME QUALIFIER FIELDS IN YR SOURCE FILE WITH SOME EXISTING VALID VALUES SO THAT YOU CAN GIVE SAME FIELDS IN MATCHING QUALIFIERS.

NOTE : matching qualifiers are used to match qualifier records and based on the matching results it will create or update

qualifier records in qualified table not in main table.

main table record will create if repository would not contain vendor no taht is present in source records.

Thanks,

Sudahnshu