cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in connecting wedynpro with EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created the application in webdynpro which retrieves the current user from EP and now i want to link it with EP. I have to retrieve the data from SAP R/3 with corrresponding user id in EP.

I created the appliaction in Webdynpro, by statically giving userid's the application also retriving data from R/3 also.

I used JCO to get connect with R/3.

If any one of you know how to connect the webdynpro app with EP and to get the current user, Plz let me Know. I am now in urgent. Please suggest your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create ViewSet in your Web Dynpro window and embed the views in the viewset as per your requirement.

Thus you can see all the views on the portal at a time.

You can create Web Dynpro iViews, no need to create URL iViews for Web Dynpro applications

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The code given above has to be written in Web Dynpro at appropriate palce.

You have to follow following procedure for Creating a Web Dynpro iView as described in Help of NWDS.

1. In the portal, navigate to Content Administration ® Portal Content. The Portal Content Studio is opened.

2. In the Portal Catalog, navigate to the folder in which you want to create your new Web Dynpro-based iView. Create a new folder, if needed.

3. Click a folder in the Portal Catalog with the secondary mouse button and choose New ® iView in the context menu.

4. The iView wizard appears on the right. Select the appropriate standard iView template SAP Web Dynpro iView.

5. Choose Next.

6. On the next screen define the iView Name and the iView ID of the iView. The name is used as the title for the iView. The key is the technical name and the iView ID prefix can be used to define your own namespace.

7. Choose Next.

8. To specify the application variant select the definition type ABAP or Java.

9. On the next screen you have to define the Web Dynpro-specific properties:

a. System

Choose the system alias you want to use for your Web Dynpro application from the dropdown list box. You have to create a system alias for each J2EE Engine first before you can run a Web Dynpro application on it. How to create a system and a system alias is described in detail earlier in Define a system

(If the Web Dynpro Application is deployed on the same J2EE Engine on which your portal is running then just Select SAP_LOCALSYSTEM from the dropdown)

b. WebDynproNamespace

You have to define the development component containing your Web Dynpro application. If you are working locally without the DTR you have to define the Web Dynpro project used here. Make sure that both a development component and a Web Dynpro project contain the vendor name. For example, the following are possible values: sap.com/tcwdtools for a development component or local/MyWebDynproProject for a Web Dynpro project. For example in the “Creating a Simple Web Dynpro Application“ the project is called local/WebDynpro_Basics.

Note: The specified name of the development component is the same as displayed in the J2EE Engine console using the LIST_APP command or as used in the Web Dynpro application URL.

c. Application Name

The application name is the name of the Web Dynpro application, for example WelcomeApplication.

d. Application Parameters

If your Web Dynpro application has startup parameters you can define specific values for this iView. Imagine you have two parameters parameter1 and parameter2. In this case you could define the following application parameter string: parameter1=value1&parameter2=value2.

10. After defining the Web Dynpro-specific properties the next wizard screen is displayed, which allows you to define other iView properties.

11. Choose Finish.

You can now use your Web Dynpro iView in the same way as any other iView, i.e. you can add the iView to pages, worksets or roles.

To preview the Web Dynpro iView, choose the Preview action in either the Portal Catalog (using the secondary mouse button) or in the iView Editor.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your quick response.

In the way as you specified i created the url iview.

In my webdynpro application i have 3 different views.

when i create the url iview in portal, the current

view which is running in webdynpro is only active all other views or not coming to us.

How can we see all the 3 views in Portal at a time.

or else is there any other way to integrate views with EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A single iView can show only one WD view at a time. If you want three views to be shown simultaneously, then you will need to create a page and embed 3 iviews in it, each pointing to different views.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs in time.

As per your suggestion, i created WD iview and call the webdynpro views through that.

But when i create WD iview no data is retrieved from R/3.

When i create url iview data is retrieved from R/3.

Is there any separate configuration to be done to get data from WD iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the data from R/3 in the portal, you have to configure the JCO for the application. In the portal, navigate to Content Administration->Web Dynpro where you will find all the deployed contents. Select your application, and in the right panel, select the JCO Connections. Create JCO for the model and meta data by giving connection parameters of the R/3 system. Then test and ping the connection, to check whether it is successful.

Regards,

Srinivasan T.

<b>Helpful answers=>Points</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

under content administrator, i selected my project, but under jco destinations test,edit,ping every thing will be in disabled state.

Is some configuration to be done in the EP server or no need.

the other thing is that under jco connection there will be one error called "no connection to sld", is this the reason for this.

pls provide your input.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error shows that there is no sld configured in the server. http://<host>:<port>/sld will lead to you the index page of SLD. Configure sld first and then go to Visual Admin. to SLD Data Supplier->Trigger SLD Data. Then move to Portal and you will find buttons for JCO are enabled. Any clarification, contact.

Regards,

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all you have to create an iView in portal for your WebDynpro application.

Then create Page and assign this iView to this page.

Create a Role and assign this page to this Role.

Assign this role to the Portal users who are supposed to access this application.

You can use the following code to get the current portal user.

IUser epUser = null;

String portalUser = "";

try

{

IWDClientUser user = WDClientUser.getLoggedInClientUse();

epUser = user.getSAPUser();

portalUser = epUser.getUniqueName();

//portalUser string gives you the Current Portal User Id.

}

catch (Exception e)

{

}

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this integrating with EP whether we need to create any par file from our webdynpro project, or this itself is enough.