cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format : DD-MMM-YYYY ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement, where I need to format the date to 'DD-MMM-YYYY' in wd abap view. Any thoughts in this regard would really help.

Thanks,

Saujanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, WDA formats date fields according to personal settings as specified in SU01 Defaults (or SU3).

Have a try,

sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks alot for your reply. I have checked the formats and i do not find this format ( DD-Month-YYYY) . Is there any way or it is nt possible at all not even for display ??

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Saujanya

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything is possible but you cannot take advantage of the standard features.

I would suggest to align the Business Requirements to the available options since they are very powerful and they are used by all the SAPGui transactions but if you still need the formatting I would suggest to use a custom domain linked to a custom Conversion Exit.

there is a lot of documentation about that but basically they are managed as in standard ABAP programming, nothing special from WDA. Here a starting point [|]

Sergio

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I agree with Sergio Ferrari that you should first try and use the standard format. Second would be the option he proposes with a custom domain and custom field exits. Field exits are automatically fired by the WD Framework just like in the classic dynpro screens.

Third option I might add: if you only need output, then just consider using STRING for this field in the context. Then you can manually perform the manipulation on the data (by substringing and concatenating the different parts of the date - and translating the number month to a text month). Downside to this approach - you are putting the formatting logic directly in your WD Application. Its not resuable like a custom domain and a field exit would be. However it could also be less work than creating the domain and exit if this is really a one-off kind of thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks alot for your replies.

Taking effort into consideration , I would prefer the third option which Thomas proposed. But good to know reg the exit from Sergio as well.

Thanks alot . This resolved my issue.Hence I close this thread.

Answers (0)