cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know about inspection type 12, ie, delivery in general. Where do we use this inspection type? It would be really helpful if explained with example.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a genral inspection lot for deleiveries - without any customer reference, where as other inspection types for deleiver are with ref. to a customer - with/without a sales order. I have never got a chance to use this inspection type - but I guess this inspection type is useful if some quality checks are to be done and documented for all the deliveries.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you all for your for your inputs.

Hi Ram,

Have you used inspection type 11 (w/o sales order)? How was the delivery generated? Was it by VL01NO? I tried usinh 11 type for this with order type LO, it works. This transaction is for delivery w/o reference. And it works for delivery w/o sales order also. So bit confused where to use type 12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swarnali,

This is general inpectiont type like 10 or 11,

inpection type 12 is not specific like with order or without order deliveries for any delivery if u activate this insp. type it will create lot.

please see the below details from help.sap.

10, 11, and 12 - Deliveries in SD

With these lot origins, you can assign an inspection type to the delivery category.

When the system creates an inspection lot automatically, it selects this inspection type if it is active in the inspection settings of the material master. If not, the system searches for an inspection type in the following sequence:

1. Preferred inspection type in material master

2. If the indicator for the preferred inspection type is not set, it uses the default inspection type