Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWBIE: problem with headers and items

umberto_panico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

this is my first Sap Interactive Forms.

I have in input a table with 4 fields, where the first field is my header and the last 3 record are items:

IT01|Info01|Info02|Info03

IT01|Info04|Info05|Info06

IT02|Info01|Info02|Info03

I should create an header section with the field (IT01) and a item section with condition break.

I'm not able to manage 2 content area in master data, I'm able to use only the first Content Area.

Do you have suggest?

Thanks & Regards,

Umberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Umberto,

I guess i know what you are trying to do. You want to achieve some sort like grouping( like the the grouping feature in Crystal Report) in Adobe form. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Example,

Country 1

1. Info 1 Info 2 Info 3

2. Info 1 Info 2 Info 3

3. Info 1 Info 2 Info 3

Country 2

1. Info 1 Info 2 Info 3

2. Info 1 Info 2 Info 3

What you can do is:

1. Perform grouping before pass the data to form.

Process the data and populate the data into a table with 2 columns: 1 column for country, another column is a table type to store all records belongs to country

This table to be passed to adobe form for display.

2. Repeat the subform(flow type) based on the table records.

Display the country as text label for group name, and display the records as table.

For sample, you can refer to standard SAP adobe form HAP_PDF_OFFLINE_FORM to see how it works.

regards,

Xiang Li

umberto_panico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

how suggest by Otto, I have created a type table into DDIC with header and items fields:

Table:

Field_header_1
Field_header_2
Sub-table
   |_Field_item_1
   |_Field_item_2
   |_Field_item_3

Now, I'm to able to print correctly header and items, but I'm no't able to create a conditional break on Field_header_1 and Field_header_2.

Very strange, my test case has 2 header row and 3 items rows for each header, the first page is correct, then there are two blank pages and the last page is correct. Maybe I should check the various Subform... I don't know.

I hope to solve these issues, this is for me "training on the job" and the time available is not very.

This forum is an excellent resource.

Thanks again.

Umberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umberto,

I do not system with me to try.

Can you please try:

MAIN SUBFORM => positioned, allow page-break checked
  |_ SUBFORM TABLE => flowed, allow page-break checked, role = table, binding = $.IT_SFLIGHT
        |_SUBFORM ROW => flowed, allow page-break checked, role = body row, binding = none

|_SUBFORM ITEM_ROW =>  flowed, allow page-break checked, role = none, binding = $.DATA[*] - repeat subform for                                                                                
each data cheked
                  |_SUBFORM ITEMS => positioned, allow page-break NOT checked, binding = none 
                          |_TEXT FIELD CARRID => binding = $.CARRID
                          |_TABLE         PLANETYPE => binding = $.PLANETYPE.DATA[*]

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

Edited by: xiangli heah on Aug 3, 2010 12:04 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, ok, to speed this up, you can send me the form and I can check it for you. Hope not to spend the lifetime on a single form:))

regards Otto

umberto_panico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

sorry Otto, yesterday I was in holiday

Now works fine, I'm able to print header/items logic and also conditional break works fine.

Just one issue... at end there is a blank page... damn! Why?

What could it be?

Thanks again!

Umberto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A blank page often appears when the content si "longer" at design time (you can see the content out of the content area borders) or at runtime (like you have the last element at the bottom of the page, you have a margin set up and this margin needs an extra page to fit). Try to check that. Otto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder why do you need two content areas.

You place the header (if reasonable structure) on a master page. And the table of items on the body page.

Or: You create a table of tables: table of "documents" where each document is a structure with header and a table of items.

Regards Otto

umberto_panico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

thanks for your professionality.

I have insert the field header in master page (with the binding to $.FIELDHEADER) but the field is every empty

Thanks in advance.

Umberto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You´d better use the tiny arrow on the right of the binding field, which helps you to identify the right context/ backend element to bind the form field to. From my experience your $.FIELDHEADER sounds pretty weird (i would expect something like $record or something like that). Hope it helps, regards Otto

umberto_panico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to All again,

I'm not able to resolve this tiring issue.

I have this structure:

MAIN SUBFORM => positioned, allow page-break checked
  |_ SUBFORM TABLE => flowed, allow page-break checked, role = table, binding = $.IT_SFLIGHT
        |_SUBFORM ROW => flowed, allow page-break checked, role = body row, binding = none
            |_SUBFORM DATA_HEADER => positioned, allow page-break NOT checked, role = none, binding = none
                |_TEXT FIELD CARRID => Binding = $.DATA[*].CARRID
            |_SUBFORM ITEM_ROW =>  flowed, allow page-break checked, role = none, binding = $.DATA[*] - repeat subform for                                                                                
each data cheked
                  |_SUBFORM ITEMS => positioned, allow page-break NOT checked, binding = none 
                       |_TEXT FIELD PLANETYPE => binding = $.PLANETYPE

I would print CARRID every time they change, for example:

Now (with problem):

CARRID
 |_ PLANETYPE
 |_PLANETYPE
 |_PLANETYPE
 |_PLANETYPE

Expected result:

CARRID
 |_ PLANETYPE
 |_PLANETYPE
NEW PAGE
CARRID
 |_PLANETYPE
 |_PLANETYPE

Please, help me, I'm tired.

Thanks again to All.

Best Regards,

Umberto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you could add a dummy subform (blank), set "top of next page" in binding tab and make the subform hidden. Once you make it visible (based on condition) (no content or layout change will appear, since it is a blank one), the page break will apply and you get the break.

regards Otto

umberto_panico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

thanks again, but I don't understand :(.

Can't I manage directly the subform "header" ?

Regards,

Umberto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my perspective the whole form is weird.

Tell me: why do you have a header one of the body/item lines?

Why the DDIC structure is not likes this

- header

- field 1

- field 2

- lines

- line 1

- fld 1, fld 2...

These all are total basics, you could use a formal training....

Otto