cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks, I'm new on SAP and getting problems to install SAP Best Practices Baseline Package PT V1.603. It asked me some dependencies and for download them it goes to the Approval List, means waiting for approval so to approve them to download i need to do it trough Solution manager and i don't have it on my SAP. When i go to the transaction dswp it shows nothing.

How can i install the Solution Manager to be able to download the dependencies for my BP.

best regards.

Nelson Chamba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This note below explain evertyhing that you need and possibilities to open a message with SAP.

Number 560499

Short text Global Support Customer Interaction:Telephone/fax/e-mail

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

please i think we don't need that kind of words. first of all i want to thank your all because all of your post were and are very important to me. All these words by yours are important.

I'll take the second advice by Pedro because i realized that installing the SM is not that simple and I'm running out of time but as i say all theses words were important to me and i hope you all of you can still give me the support i need.

regards/

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev

If you really read and understood the doubt of Nelson Chamba, probably you wouldn't give the answer that you gave. I wrote the following "The correct answer to your doubt is the following", I didn't say that you wrote is wrong, I just say that the correct answer, what Nelson is looking for is my answer because he wants to know how to approve packages and what he needs to configure approval in Solution Manager and not how to install solution manager because as you could see in his answer when he tries transaction DSWP, he can't see anything, in this case he has Solution Manager installed.

Please, double check my answer, if you feel disturbed by my answer, sorry, it wasn't my intention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedroso,

how can i open a message there?

regards/

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Chamba

The correct answer to your doubt is the following. for this approval you can use Maintenance Optimizer from Solution Manager or just open a message under component SV-SMG-MAI-APR to request your packagesto be approved.

From what I understood, you already have the Solution Manager system installed, you have doubts regarding the configuration of Maintenance Optimizer. Please, I ask you to go to the following link to clarify your doubt.

http://service.sap.com/mopz => # Configuration Guide

or

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager => Media Library => Documentation => 7.0 SP22 Maintenance Optimizer (EN)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey,

> Hello Chamba

>

> The correct answer to your doubt is the following.

What do you mean by this? All others answers are wrong? Request you to avoid such kind of statements.

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

go to https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/support

then in 'Downloads' section go to 'SAP Installations & Upgrades', click on 'Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group'

In entry 'SAP APPLICATION COMPONENTS' you ll find 'SAP Solution Manager'. There you ll find Installation Guides for Solman

All you need is there !

You ll also need the DVDs; they are downloadable on service.sap.com in the Software Distribution Center

Hope this helps

Regards

Khalil