cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 0 EA of material xxxx available

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello. can someone please help? i have a sales order quantity to ship 4578, so when i release it in VL10H, 2 delivery orders are created, one for qty 2703 and the other 1875. in first place, i dont know why this was splitted? does this come from the person who places the sales order? Anyway, I may be able to process the first delivery order , but when i access the second delivery order I noticed that the delivery quantity field is empty. If i enter anything the system would say " only 0 EA of material xxxx available. I checked MMBE system says that the 4578 is in unrestricted stock. It is batch managed, but i would enter that in the corresponding field. I had procurement check the Material master list and also had the safety stock level changed to 0. But no luck. Why are the delivery quantity and pick quantity fields left blank?

Thank you very much!!!!!! this shipment is held up due to this issue,,,,,,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i dont know why this was splitted?

Delivery split will happen if any of the below differs from the other

a) Ship To Party

b) Actual GI Date which is nothing but confirmed quantity date in sale order schedule line tab

c) Transportation Group

d) Inco Terms

e) Delivery priority

f) Shipping Point

g) Route

Check whether any of the above differs between those two deliveries.

only 0 EA of material xxxx available. I checked MMBE

Execute VL06G and ensure that no delivery is created and saved for the same material without doing PGI. In such instances, you will have this issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I tried all suggestions, but did not get to complete the process. Procurement deleted order and re-created a new sales order for same qty 4578...... But again....same issue. So, i attempted to process the first delivery order for 3117 saved it, but i did not get to the point to create the Transfer order.Then I switched to the second delivery order which would supposely be for the remaining qty (1461), and it splitted the quantity even more. So I ended up deleting the two deliveries. and now i am back to zero. I have a question though.....would another sales order created in VL10H for the same quantity, part number, and batch affect the sales order I am currently working on? could it be that it is using/pulling the 'stock available' for this order? I guess the best solution would be to delete this sales order as well? what do you think?

Going back to the troubleshooting, I followed the steps that Krishna suggested to see the availability status, but i got stuck there and did not know what else to do. I did see the entire qty 4578 in unrestricted status.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you chceked if any open delivery or sales order exist or not .

Also check if the stock posting date and your PGI date . If you are doing PGI on the back date which is before stock posting date you will get this error.

Please revert back.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for being so patient and trying to figure this out for me. So I will start all over again...because based on your answers I think that this has to do with the responsible in creating the order (I just only see the shipping end of it).

When back in the VL10H, i click on the Background message says to look at the LOG for delivery creation. it would give me Error for Coll. run 0000075193 and only 3113 of EA of material available (And I need to ship a total qty 4578) I noticed that in the technical data the Schedule Line item is 0000. Would this be the problem?

So then 2 delivery orders are created, one for 3113 and the other order has a blank "delivery qty", "pick quantity" and "open qty" 0. When i attempt to process the message "Only 0 EA of material xxxx (batch) is available". I checked MMBE and the qty 4578 is in unrestricted use and in the correct storage location.

Please let me know how to fix this or other tips to pass on to the person responsible in placing the order. Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After numerous attempts, It looks like the sales order was not setup correctly and was set as " schedule agreement" instead of a regular sales order. Once that was deleted and a sales order was created , the issue was that there was a RESERVATION made against the stock. It wasnt in quality inspect. This is the reason why the system was not letting me process the entire quantity of 4578.

Thank you all for your time and responses!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly go to the delivery> Select the line item->Enviroment-->availabilty.

You can see what is the avaialble stock and against which delivery or sales order the stock is blocked .

Release the material from the respective sales order and delivery and than do the PGI.

Hope this will help u

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If system creates two deliveries, it is no because of batch.

Please check the schedule line tab in the Item level. There may be two schedule lines. So it will be splited automatically.

Your material is Batch Managed..Right..

So in the delivery, material will be splitted in the delivery according to the Batch.

In that case, you cant pick the material in the Main item level. You have to do picking in the splitted materials only.

In the materials you can notice a + symbol near Batch number, just click that, it will show you the Batch split item, there you can enter the quantities.

Regards,

Mullairaja