cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro for abap: my cProjects enhancement post-exit is not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I enhanced this WD 'DPR_PROJECTS_VIEW' View'VI_PROJECTS_VIEW'.

created a post-exit in method 'MODIFY_BREADCRUMB', but it is not working.

the post-exit is not run.

May I know the reason? What should I do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Check out the tip in OSS Note 1244440. If the method you are enhancing isn't called from its source via WD_THIS->METHOD_NAME, then the pre-post-overwrite exits don't process. You can't really control how the stand method is called since that is standard SAP code as well, but it does possibly explain the problem and if this is the case you can enter a customer message for the applciation component of the source application and SAP should fix the call of the method for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks, sir.

I found this statement 'The prerequisite for this is that the original method is called using the local controller interface (WD_THIS->... ) and not directly using the local controller instance (ME->... ). ' and It realy cause the problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duan,

just to take care of the simple things first - Have you activated the enhancement? (I'm sure you have!) have you put in a breakpoint in the modify_breadcrumb method to see that it is being called at all?

Is it possible that the method is returning/exiting before your enhancement gets processed?

Cheers,

Chris