The mapping rule for the value mapping is for varius z tables like

ztable1

ztable2

ztable3

ztable4

ztable5

ztable6

ztable7

Can you please help me in implementing the value mapping ?

Can you please tell me the steps to umplement it?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

search in SDN first.

first decide u need dynamic VM or FIX VM.

for VM replication u can have a look

/people/udo.martens/blog/2009/04/03/value-mapping-replication-scenario

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to implement the Value Mapping replication as there are many tables?

I am not getting which Value Mapping should be done for my mapping requirement,but I thibk it should be for the fixed value,but dont know whether I need to implement the Valume Mapping replication or not?

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the voume of data you have for value mapping?

i will suggets you to go for VM replication, if you have high volume.

the context ,source agency/scheme, target agency/scheme etc you need to set.

there are few ways u can implement value mapping..

u should have a program in ECC which will add/update/delete records in the Z table . then you have to use a client proxy which will send the data to PI runtime cache. using the standard value mapping replication interface

follow the blog i have given .. u will get some info....

/people/udo.martens/blog/2009/04/03/value-mapping-replication-scenario

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you please tell me the steps to umplement it?

Did you check the value mapping details (steps) in help.sap.com or the blogs available on SDN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the steps to implement the Value Mapping but I did not get what should be the Agency,Schema.

How can I come to know about the Agency and Schema to implement the Value Mapping?

Also,how can I cometo know about the Mapping Groups?I tried to seach in the Cache Monitoring of the Runtime Workbench but got confused as there were many values over there.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can I come to know about the Agency and Schema to implement the Value Mapping?

Check the blog # 5479

From the blog:
Enter Value Mapping Properties such as Agency, Schema for Source and Target messages. Any arbitrary string value can be 
used. But enter the Value Mapping Context as http://sap.com/xi/XI

I am not getting which Value Mapping should be done for my mapping requirement,but I thibk it should be for the fixed value,but dont know whether I need to implement the Valume Mapping replication or not?

If you give more details about your requirement then somebody may help you out on the approach.

Regards,

Abhishek.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I checked the steps to implement the Value Mapping but I did not get what should be the Agency,Schema.

You can set values as you like.

Value Mapping in graphical Maping tools uses default values for Agency. When you use them, you have less effort later:

Source Agency = SenderParty

Target Agency = ReceiverParty

For Schema you could use the same names as the elements you want to map, eg CompanyCode, BusinessArea.

> Also,how can I cometo know about the Mapping Groups..

This is a GUID that you have to create in sender application. You group a pair of source value and target value with same GUID.