cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am trying to create a new mapping or coyping the existing mapping(which is already activated) , i am not able to activate the mapping . I am getting the following error :

Source text of object Message Mapping: new |

urn:abc:MessageOut has syntax errors: Source code has syntax error:

Source strcuture and everything is perfect as i had created previous mapping using the same source structure.

Please advice as to what might be the issue here and what is the solution.

Regards

Vinay P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check all user defined functions. Especially the global ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tested the mapping in test tab , still getting the same error . Also i am not using any global udf in my repository

Regards

Vinay P

Former Member
0 Kudos

R u suing any UDF in ur mapping as suggested by Stefan.

Can u do copy paste of the exact error message ur getting for further analysis.

chirag

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check under tab "Functions" if there is any Java code in init, cleanUp, Attributes and Methodes.

From my experience i can say, that this error message always comes from own Java code in mapping.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sometime back there was a similar discussion and the reason was table space was in-adequate....search for that thread and see if it helps....if the error is occuring for all the mapping objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salvi,

Thanks for the input and the reason was as follows :

We increased the tablespace and cleared some of the temp files and restarted XI server, currently the XI server has very less memory allocated and we are trying to work with Basis team to increase this.

Regards

Vinay P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the response .

Regards

Vinay P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

I guess you are copying the message mapping in a different namespace.

in that case u choose the option " copy dependent objects" .

This may giving error because, the message mapping is not finding the source structure in the new namespace you are trying to copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating the mapping in the same namespace , SWCV as well . Also previously successfully created mapping objects are also thrwing the same exception now ..if press F7 ..which was not the case earlier ...

Does it have something to do with the server issue or java stack issue ??

Regards

Vinay P

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u provide the full details of the error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In each and every mapping which is already avialble in IR and the new ones that i am trying to create ...i am getting the followin exception throughout if press F7 in the mapping ...as a result u cant actiavte any changes in the existing mapping nor in the new mapping

Error:

-

Source text of object Message Mapping:

Mapping name| urn:abc:namespace:SI_Interface has syntax errors: Source code has syntax error:

Regards

Vinay P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check ur message mapping do one test also using test tab- from error message it is pointing that message mapping has some error.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is any error in the existing mapping itself before copying it to create new one..

Press either Check or F7 for doing so...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked for existing mapping which is already activated successfully as well with F7 , previosuly it was not throwing any such exception . But now its throwing an exception .

I havent done any changes to the existing mapping .

Regards

Vinay P.