cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter - Reading 2 files from sender and one file to receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - I am looking for a best solution for reading two files from sender and generating one file to the receiver.

Here is the scenario

Sender file s - A is a master file. B is a detail file; B will have a one to many records for each record of File A.. that is the relation ship between 2 files.. I am looking for a better solution to

Example

Input:

File A will have a record like "summary1 ABC 1234"

File B will have a record like "Detailfor Summary1 CDF 8679"

Output:

File C shall have a record "consolidatedofSummary&Detail ABC 1234 8679"

1) read records of master row and detail row from these 2 files

2) do the mapping to the receiver output format which it is creating for records with some harcoded values and based on the values from master and detail rows of sender file

if I can accomblish reading sender files and do the mapping to the receiver , assume that mapping to the receiver format would not be cumbersome.

please help me...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Ur approach to the interface is perfect.... Go ahead.

For selecting multiple files in source use Advanced Selection for files.. and specify the directory paths and also the file name shema...

This will fetch the 2 files into the integration engine... then u map the 2 source files to one target file(2:1 mapping).

Specify accordingly the receiver side FCC and test it end to end...

If u face any prblm post here... some1 will help u out..

Babu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For selecting multiple files in source use Advanced Selection for files

This will fetch the 2 files into the integration engine... then u map the 2 source files to one target file(2:1 mapping).

One doubt can we make use of the Advanced Selection for Source File option and perform 2:1 mapping ..... dont we require a BPM to merge two (or more files)...n:1 ?

Advanced Selection will pick up the files (in same call or different calls) but will it help in merging?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhisek - it is a valid point..

I am reluctant to use BPM because of its limitation and drawbacks.. Initially I thought of using ABAP/XSLT program.. but need some suggestion from you guys

Thanks -Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am reluctant to use BPM because of its limitation and drawbacks.. Initially I thought of using ABAP/XSLT program.. but need some suggestion from you guys

You have to use BPM for this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

For this type of scenario you have to use BPM,because Its very simple one.

Follow this step in BPM Creations :

1.start

2.Receive step1

3.Receive step2

4.Transformations step

5.Send Step.

6.Stop

try this am sure this will work,because i have already done this type if scenario(n:1) using BPM.

If you have any doubt let me know.

Regards

J Sarathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Go for BPM....it will be a simple one....dnt bother about performance...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.