cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Customer master Data after save (XD01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to print the customer master data (Form) with all the details of the customer master. The data should be printed after the customer is saved in the system.

As far as I know, there is no output procedure/output type associated withe the customer master. There are user exist in the customer master application that can be used to check the data before save, however I want the data to be printed after save.

I would appreciate any suggestions/ideas/technical options to achieve this requirements. Can we trigger an print program after the customer is saved.

Thanks

RB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this is possible in standard SAP. However you can enable this by coding for the same. You can also trigger an IDOC while the customer is saved and then the data in these segments can be printed in the desired layout you wish.

You may have to take values from the tables KNA1, KNB1, KNVV, KNVP etc. If you tell your reqmt to the technical guy and the possibilities of using IDOC using change pointers, you can achive this, although it is not straight forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

Thanks for your reply. Your options seems to be a possible way to achieve the requirement and is a creative option. However, I am trying to stay away from the IDoc option (for now) and the associated configuration setting. I was hoping to find an option of triggering a custom program to print the form when the customer master is saved.

However have not been able to find the right place to achieve this. Is there any possibility of using any BADI's/User exits or events to trigger the print out?

Thanks

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working on a couple of options. Will update after the solution is developed....

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RB

You can use Sales Summary (VC/2) to print the data of one or several customers.

However to make this happen after saving a new customer, you may need some coding. Better still after XD01, ask the user to do VC/2 for that customer as a process step.

Next option would be to let the program run in the background nightly and print a range of customers you specify.

Or copy program RVKUSTA1 Program for Sales summary), add 'created on' as selection option and let it run in the background or as a tandem to XD01.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Thanks for the helpful info. I will see if the report meets the users need. The users requested a specific format and I will try to convince them to use this transaction/report.

Thanks for the suggestion.

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Developed custom transaction to print the data for the customer.

Thanks