cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC system shows in wrong place in SMSY and with "NABP"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am having problems with one system in my SMSY....

I am running Solman 7.01 with these support packs:

SAP_ABA 701 0006 SAPKA70106

SAP_BASIS 701 0006 SAPKB70106

PI_BASIS 701 0006 SAPK-70106INPIBASIS

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0002 SAPKITLRD2

CRMUIF 500 0004 SAPK-50004INCRMUIF

SAP_BW 701 0006 SAPKW70106

SAP_AP 700 0019 SAPKNA7019

BBPCRM 500 0016 SAPKU50016

BI_CONT 704 0007 SAPK-70407INBICONT

CPRXRPM 400 0016 SAPK-40016INCPRXRPM

ST 400 0024 SAPKITL434

ST-A/PI 01M_CRM570 0000 -

ST-ETP 100 0000 -

ST-ICO 150_700 0024 SAPK-1507OINSTPL

ST-SER 701_2010_1 0001 SAPKITLOS1

one of my systems, R3D, which is a dual stack, never shows up in the right place in SMSY.

This is an ERP (ECC 6.0) system that also has a java stack with EP core.

I want this system to show up under Landscape components - Product systems - SAP ERP -

At least that is where our R3Q and R3P systems show up (and training and sandbox).

But unfortunately, it shows up under Landscape components - Product systems - SAP ERP Enhance Package

Even worse, not only do I see R3D but I also see R3D_NABP.

Yes, this is an ECC 6.0 system with EHP3, but so are my R3Q/R3P/R3T/R3S systems but none of them show up under this heading and none of them have the silly "NABP".

STEPS ATTEMPTED SO FAR:

I have done what you might expect so far. I have completely removed the R3D and R3D_NABP from the "Product Systems". And I removed the "database" and "server" in SMSY.

Then I rescheduled RZ70 and SLD Data Supplier services to send to my SLD. And then did the SMSY_SETUP to pull that SLD data into SMSY....

But everytime it comes back to the wrong place..Landscape components - Product systems - SAP ERP Enhance Package....with the "NABP" too!

I even made sure my OSS system for R3D had all the correct components and "add-ons" in in...

I have fully ready note

Note 1301106 - SMSY: Enhancements and errors in Enhancement Package 1

But this does not apply to us since we are on SAPKITL434...but I do get the gist of what it is saying...

I can manually add this R3D system to the correct landscape component and it does work, but as soon as another SMSY_SETUP runs, it also adds this to the place where I don't want it and it also adds the "NABP".

Also I read note

Note 1376733 - SMSY: Indicator NO_ABAP_INCLUDED cleared

but again, I'm at a newer level.

Does this make sense to anyone out there? And If so, any advice on how to resolve?

Thanks,

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Have you looked at SAP Note 1299281?

I am not sure what SP Stack you are one, so I am not sure if this note is applicable to your environement, but you may want to have a look at it.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul but I am at a newer level than that

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened a msg with SAP. Basically, they do not know why the satellite system isn't sending the correct product info. But they said that adding it manually to the SLD for the satellite system is the easiest way to fix it. I don't like that they would not dig further than that, but oh well. it does work now that the "erp 2005" product has been added to the SLD...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I'm on SP23 so path might be different.

Did you try SMSY>>Select your system>>Select "Header Data" tab>>Select "Change Product Assignmt" button>>Select checkbox next to "SAP ERP - SAP ERP 6.0" in "Active" column and deselect all others.

I see you did something with installed products but I don't even see the "ERP 2005" you mention on my sysytem. Mine says Product "SAP ERP" and product version "SAP ERP 6.0", again maybe support pack level of SolMan. It also lists a bunch of other products but none of them active. Good luck,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David, but my problem seems to be that the R3D system is not sending the correct data to the SLD and that is why I'm not seeing everything...yes, I know that "ERP 2005" does not show up in SMSY, but if you look in the SLD, that is what shows up if you have a ECC 6.0 system...Thanks very much for your help though.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP SAP Note 1429764 - Automatic assignment of products in SMSY.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny, this note looks good. I'll give the suggestions a shot and see how it goes. I'll reply back with results.

--NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sunny (and anyone else out there!),

I think we've at least figured out part of the problem....

When I log into the SLD and look at the technical system for the ABAP stack under the "Installed Products" for my R3D system, I only see :

SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE, SAP ENH PACK 3 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 on R3D.S

If I look at my R3Q/R3P/R3S/R3T systems, they all have this:

SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE, SAP ENH PACK 3 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 on R3P.S

SAP ERP, 2005 on R3P.SystemNumber.00#######.SystemHome.XXXXXX

So I can't figure out what all the other R/3 ERP systems have the "SAP ERP, 2005 on XXX" but my R3D system does not.

I even removed everything from SMSY, and the SLD for the R3D system, and then triggered the RZ70 and still it shows up this way.

I can manually add the "ERP 2005" entry in the installed Products and that makes it work, but really, that data should be pushed to the SLD from R3D system.

Any ideas? I'll probably just open a message about this one.

Thanks

NICK