cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sofware Component not visisble in SPROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few software component in PI IR, but those are not visible at all in SPROXY. Rest of the software components are visible.

The diff, i could see is that, any S/W comp that we created with sap.com, is not visible. Those are created by us in SLD.

Can any one please suggest what could be the reason and how to fix this?

Thanks

-Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the case where there are multiple versions of the same software component and you dont want all of them to appear in SPROXY.

for e.g you want only the last/latest version to appear in the software component?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What about the case where there are multiple versions of the same software component and you dont want all of them to appear in SPROXY.

> for e.g you want only the last/latest version to appear in the software component?

Write a development request to SAP.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The diff, i could see is that, any S/W comp that we created with sap.com, is not visible. Those are created by us in SLD.

It is an undocumented "feature" that SWVC with vendor name "sap.com" do not appear in SPROXY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check below configuration steps are in place in both the systems.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

The vendor name sap.com is reserved for SAP enhancements etc, if you would have noticed whatever SAP ships as enhancement or changes all will be having sap.com as vendor.Here the point is you will not be able to see the SWCV with

sap.com as vendor.

If you have created a new SWCV in SLD with sap.com as vender name then pls change it to any other name.

If you are using a standard SWCV with sap.com vendor and want to see the proxies, then try copying the required objects into

any other SWCV and do the development.

I think you can change the vendor for standard component also by updating a table(need to check ,will get back if u need) in sap which requires a specific ABAP key for the standard objects and make those component also visible in SPROXY, but it is not the recommended way.

Regards,

Srinivas

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is as expected. You are not supposed to create any SWC in SLD with vendor as SAP.COM. It is reserved for SAP coding only. You need to create your software component with your own vendor - abc.com.

VJ