cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Stand Alone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use MDM without ERP and/or without BW?

(Target scenario for Consolidation, Harmonization and Central Management).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Originally Content Consolidation is used to find out about potential duplicates in the different systems with the goal to map this key-mapping information together and to use this e.g. analytics, like Global Spend. In this case BW would be necessary.

The results of Content Consolidation can also be used without BW. E.g. you have a shortage of a part in Australia, and want to look up, whether the same part exists somewhere else in the world. Via Key-mapping you could look up, whether somewhere else a same part exists. This can be done in MDM 3.0 also via a web-service.

Scenarios Master Data Harmonization and Central Master Data Management can also run without BW.

Regards Klaus

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

With SAP MDM 2.00 and 3.00 you can use several Master Data Clients (which are the local application systems, for which data is to be consolidated and/or harmonized), and ERP is not necessarily among them. There is standard connectivity to SAP systems such as R/3 or CRM. Connectivity to non-SAP applications has to be set up on a project basis.

The Master Data Server is technically based on a BW system, therefore this is absolutely required.

However, this is not to be confused with the Business Information Warehouse you finally use for analytical purposes (which is a separate instance).

For analytical purposes, the following BW version is required as minimum release level (as of SAP MDM 3.00):

<i>Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW) 3.1 Content SP 15</i>

<i>BI Content BI_CONT 3.30 SP 12</i>

With SAP BW 3.1 Content and the BI Content 3.30 add-ons not being part of the SAP MDM 3.00 shipment. You can also use use SAP Business Warehouse 3.50 SP Stack 04 (SAP_BW SP 05) with BI Content 3.52 SP 04 or higher.

Usage of other (non-SAP) analytical systems has to be evaluated on a project basis.

Detailed information on this is provided in the Master Guides for SAP MDM 2.00 and 3.00.

Regards,

Markus