SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netting two contract accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two installations that are some distance apart. Installation A has a consumption meter (one register). Installation B has a net meter (two registers) as it has a solar panel. Both installations have meters read hourly. The business partner that owns both installations would like to receive a bill that covers both installations, but NETTED. This means that meter at installation B is netted (consumption - generation) and if that shows net outflow then this needs to be netted against meter at installation A. This netting needs to happen at hourly meter read level. I guess I can produce a consolidated/summary bill for the customer across the two installations, so that will net them at that level, but how do I net two registers on the same meter that has hourly meter reads, to give me hourly consumption/generation at installation B?

Thank you,

mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Collective Billing is one obvious way of generating the Summarized bill for both the Installations at a Collective Contract Account level. I didnt understand your last two statements, could you provide a simple example.

From what I understood it seems like you will have to modify you Bill Print form to customize the netting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Collective Billing is one obvious way of generating the Summarized bill for both the Installations at a Collective Contract Account level. I didnt understand your last two statements, could you provide a simple example.

From what I understood it seems like you will have to modify you Bill Print form to customize the netting.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. A simple example of what we are trying to do is this:

Contract account 123, device A, two register sets

Contract account 456, device B, one register sets

Hour 1 of the day, device A register set 1 : 100 (consumption)

Hour 1 of the day, device A register set 2 : 100 (generation due to solar panel)

Hour 1 of the day, device B register set 1 : 100 (consumption)

Hour 2 of the day, device A register set 1 : 110 (consumption)

Hour 2 of the day, device A register set 2 : 120 (generation)

Hour 2 of the day, device B register set 1 : 120 (consumption)

The need now is to net device A: 110-100 (register set1) - 120-100 (register set 2) = -10

Figure out the energy credit say -10 * $0.1 / unit = -$1

Then apply this -$1 to energy charges from device B: 120-100 (register set 1) = 20 * $0.1 = $2 -$1 = $1 for overall bill

However, since all the devices in this example are read hourly, we need a method to capture the reads hourly, net them hourly for net meeter and then net the two contract accounts. As you said through collective billing I can net the two contract accounts. however, how do I net the two registers on the device if they are read hourly?

Thank you,

mike

0 Kudos

Are you using RTP interface to get hourly readings? If not and you are using some interface where are the meter readings stored after every hour.

One way of achieving this Netting would be to write the hourly meter readings to the Installation Facts. Later on when billing is performed you could develop a variant program which would read the installation facts and sum up the meter readings.

Now in this scenario I am assuming that there is

One Business Partner (A) ->Contract Account (B) -> 2 Premises -> 2 contracts -> 2 Installations -> Each Installation having a Device. 1st device with 2 registers and 2nd device with 1 register.

now on the installation with a generation meter -> create a Rate which reads the hourly readings from the Installation facts and does the Netting calculation. This amount needs to be written to the 2nd Installation Fact by a special variant program that you will have to create.

Now when the 2nd installation is bills it will have to read the dollar amount from the Installation Fact (passed on from the 1st installation) and perform the net billing.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding . If you use serial switching in your case then you will got the difference in consumption and if you got the difference then you can create the rate to maintain billing of the installation .

Regards,

Khurram Siddique