cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting MDM to Remote System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was brought on-site to an MDM assignment that is connected to an SAP 4.7 system. The client is now upgrading to ECC 6.0 and I am going to be in charge of pointing the MDM system from 4.7 to 6.0.

I am not sure where to start or where to look to figure out how to create a new connection to a remote system. I have looked in the Console Ref. Guide, the MDM Master Guide, and a few other places.

Can anyone help me with what needs to be done and perhaps where there is documentation to walk me through this?

Thanks experts!

Nichole

Edited by: Nichole Smith on Jul 26, 2010 5:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nichole

the remote system defined in MDM is only the logical system and ports are defined pertaining to the remote system defined. This has in turn no dependencies on related landscape.

So no changes required at MDM side. (If you can continue with the existing system name for ECC).

If not change the remote system name in MDM first with the correct logical name.

In the PI system landscape and also ECC we need to define the logical systems matching/pointing to MDM defined remote systems.

You can refer to below thread for step by step guidnace for establishing interface between MDM and ECC

hope this helps-Ravi

Answers (0)