Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Profiles containing a particular value for an object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of our profiles have gotten messed up as one of the objects (plant) got an incorrect value set in it for authorization - a distortion of the actual plant code. Now, when the users try to do any transaction from that plant, the authorization fails. I need to fix all these profiles...what is the best way to find all the profiles which have this incorrect value in them (by doing a search for that incorrect value)? I tries SUIM but that is not giving me the results...I am able to get the roles which have this incorrect value by doing a search by Field Name in Roles > Roles by Complex Selection Criteria but the same utility is not available in searching for the Profiles by Complex Selection Criteria. I have to fix these profiles and thereby the roles by replacing this incorrect value with the correct one. So how can i go about finding these profiles?

Appreciate any directions?

Many thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try with SUIM==>Profiles by complex selection criteria, enter the authorization objects and the values (OR) if you want to search by field name you could try SUIM==>Authorization Objects==>Authorizations by complex selection criteria, but since this would not give you the values for the field name, you would have to parse the results through the first step.

by the way, what is the object you are checking for?

0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

In the

Object class MM_G

authorization object M_MATE_WRK and

authorization T-ED40315800, one value of the authorization field WERKS (Plant) is messed up.

I need to find all the profiles (and then the roles) which have been affected by this mess up as all the people who would have those roles are unable to do the transactions from that plant which call for the profile which will have this incorrect value.

0 Kudos

This shouldnt be difficult isnt it? goto SUIM and select profies by complex selection criteria ,in the bottom half of the display screen,enter the object M_AMTE_WRK and click on enter values - enter whatever value you are checking for and you would get the result

If you already know that the changes are made only in Role based authorizations and not in manually created Profiles(using SU02) you could as well use the table AGR_1252 that gives all roles that have the org values $WERKS

0 Kudos

Use SUIM

Choose role by complex selection criteria

insert the object "M_MATE_WRK " in the section Selection by profiles and authorization objects

the output will give you the roles, you can go to each of the roles and do the changes to the WERKS entry

Now copy the list of roles :

Use AGR_USERS table name, in the next screen use multiple selection arrow and paste the copied list of roles

you can get the user to role relationship.

0 Kudos

Use keyword "SUIM" in the security forum to get more answers.

in case you have not got results with the provided steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

Search before you post. Same type of question has been answered serveral times. SUIM result doen't show up corectly / SUIM is a bug????

Thanks,

Sri