Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agent - associate to management system

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed the Diagnostic Agents as a standalone installation and connectivity to the SLD. The agent is shown in the "Agent Candidates Management" section.

How can I associate the agent to the management system (Solution Manager)?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need to look into SMSY for system assignment and getting proper system stack details from SLD.. Also make sure the solman SLD getting up-to-date data from production SLD through bridge..

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

If I try to setup the test portal in Diagnostic Setup/Managed Systems/Setup Wizard I got this message:

"No instances or servers are defined for this system. Please check its definition in SMSY before proceeding to setup"

In the wizard the testportal is show as ABAP type. In the SMSY the productive portal and the test portal are identical.

Is there a way to configure the test portal in SLD/SMD/SM from scratch?

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

I don't know why but it works.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Setup & configure the SMD agent for satellite SID on solution manager under managed systems - http://<server_name>:<port>/smd

2. Install java agents for satellate system from solution manager from above link - Introscope agent

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

I think that's it but the smd shows the type of our test portal as ABAP. The productive portal is right as JAVA. Any hints?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 tabs - SMD view & SLD view...to associate to management system, you have provide the logon credintials to connect to managed system.. (user ID/pwd - used when installing agent).. Also make sure you don't have any firewall rules set from satellite to solman...

Regards

Suresh

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

@Suresh

I will try it tomorrow.

@All a comprehension question

The SLD know this agent. Now are the associations between the SM <-> agent and agent <-> monitored system needed. Where are they established?

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Use "Custom SLD Connection Parameters" instead of "Local SLD of Solution Manager - (Read-only Access)" was the solution.

The SLD and the Solution Manager know now the agent but how can I configure that the agent monitor the Enterprise Portal?