cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Table relation in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!!

I'm new to SAP. I only have SAP tables and i don't have access to the frontend..

I wanna know the tables relation i.e how to join two tables..

Suppose, if i want to know all the relations VNVK has, where should i start?

i can only view the primary keys and not the foreigh keys for all the tables..

I read some posts from this forum and got this information:

DD02L SAP Tables

DD05S Foreign key fields

DD09L DD: Technical settings of tables

DD26S Base tables and foreign key relationships

but the DD26S table doesn't give me these information either..

I even tried to get the table and column description and then try to join, but it's a tedious process..

I got a document with SAP table relations but it doesn't have all the modules in it..

please help me out on this.. i'm literally stuck with thousands of tables in front of me without knowing how to join them..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207609
Contributor

Hi

You can see the relationships of tables easily through the graphic of SE11, please go to SE11 ans input the table name to 'Database' and disply, click the button 'Graphic cntlshiftF11' it will show the relationsships of the table inputted and others which are connected with forein keys in graphical mode.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i don't have access to the SAP frontend. All i have is the sap tables loaded in SQL server.

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

1. You need to post us your requirmenent.

2. It is tough to address Generic requirement.

3. as you are mentioning thousand of tables are there ,if you tell which tables you need to join are what data you are trying to extract so that we can give you guess of what all tables are included.

It is very vast !

if you can throw some lights it will be good.

I understand that you are woking at the Data Base level , if you are using a Gui then you will be able to see all the relationship as others have mentioed to you .

to make it simple , get the SAP gui ,with User id and Pw so that you can resolve your things yourself.

As you are haing access to DB i dont think it would be a challege to get a GUI installed for you ...

Reg

Dsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samsays,

You say you

have SAP tables and i don't have access to the frontend..

. You wish to 'join' these tables.

What is your business requirement? Which tables do you intend to 'join'? Although I guess it is theoretically possible, I can't think of any reason why anyone would wish to manipulate SAP table data at the server level. I seriously question whether such access complies with the terms of your SAP and database licence agreements. You do have a licence, right?

If you really have a legitimate business need for SAP table data, then you must have the appropriate person assign you an SAP logon ID, you must get frontend access, and then use SAP development tools to create the data structures you seek. Using a non-standard tool to manipulate SAP data can render your system un-usable.

Rgds,

DB49