cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Distribution Link to MS Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a client using document distribution. The actual document distribution seems to be working fine when messages are sent to the SAP Inbox. However when the messages are forwarded to MS outlook - the links to confirm receipt change to text files.

We are trying to achieve a link from MS Outlook that will enable the user to log into SAP from the email message.

Any ideas what to change?

Thanks, Neil

Edited by: Neil Mclaren on Jul 27, 2010 10:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

This happens when you have missed out on defining the Communication/Distribution Type for e-mail. This can achieved as follows:

DIR > Document > Document Distribution > Recipient > User Maintainence > Choose the communication method as INT (e-mail without URL) or HTP (e-mail without URL) and provide the remaining details > Save.

Now create a new recipient list and try document distribution via e-mail. Must work fine.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar,

We are trying to get the URL to the DIR to be sent to through MS Outlook.

Do you know how we can achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As indicated above,you need to configure for HTP communication type so as to have a link to DIR available in users' mailbox.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you redescribe the following for me:

This happens when you have missed out on defining the Communication/Distribution Type for e-mail. This can achieved as follows:

DIR > Document > Document Distribution > Recipient > User Maintainence > Choose the communication method as INT (e-mail without URL) or HTP (e-mail without URL) and provide the remaining details > Save.

Where can I find the above path/menu: DIR->Document.......

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An ABAP was written & it works perfectly

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

for sending mails externally, need to maintain proper distribution type and also need to maintain FTP server.

Thank You,

Manoj