cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS Send URL, Copy as URL functionality. is this Standard or Developme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

We Have Installed Easy DMS 7.0 , and we are to trying to use the functionality of Send URL, and Copy as URL

I have seen the standard Demo of Easy DMS and found the Send URL, Copy as URL functionality exists in Easy DMS,

But to my Surprise this Option is not available to us,

Can you please let me know if this is available as a Standard or we have to Create a Z_EASYDMS_GETURL to avail this functionality.

also i have read that we have to do some thing like in SE80 create a new BSP application named Z_EASYDMS ,

Can some one please guide if this are the prerequisite for getting the Send URL and Copy as URL functionality, and how to go about getting this done,

Thanks and Regards

S Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am an end user and first time using SAP EDMS, all these years using IBM rational, SVN, CVS, VSS were like cake walk, user friendly, but SAP is becoming terribly nightmare to use for Document Management,

needs feedback on how to get this resolved

1. Copy Url, Send Url always takes to Default SAP EDMS Home page,

2. Copying path of document ex: C:\Project\abcd\Prj_abcd.xls is never possible, so always we copy document number

3. working offline is never coming handy,
    Say, i need so simple as this

Checkout --> Lock of Edit --> Now the copy of file should be in my local system for edit

Edit and Save document

Sync local file to SAP repository

but this never happens, technically always edit file while online

any help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there. I have implemented the FM and the BSP. EasyDMS produces an URL but it seem I need something more before I can access the document.

The URL looks like:

http://<USER>:<PASSWORD>@<SERVERNAME>:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/z_easydms/default.htm?sap-client=300&easyd...

And when I try to access it doesn't return any docuements. What did I miss?

BR.

Per Zanchetta

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to implement Z_EASYDMS_GETURL or BAdI EASYDMS_MAIN01(GETURL) to implement this funcanality depending upon your releases. Implement the BAdI or create Z_EASYDMS_GETURL using SE37. A sample implementation is avaialbe in SAP note 694751.

Jomerce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jomerce, thanks for your Reply.

So, Send URL is not a standard functionality unless some development done to get this, fine.

We are in ECC 6.0 and trying to implement Easy DMS 7.0

as suggested by you there are 2 Ways to get this Functionality,

Which is the best method to go ahead weather by Implementing the BADI EASYDMS_MAIN01(GETURL)

or create Z_EASYDMS_GETURL, functional module,

what are the pros and cons of going by each of this?

Thanks and regards,

S Kumar

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

functionally both are same. except Z_* fn module is not supported by SAP and only BAdI's are supported. So go for BAdI for better support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

The URL functionality was downported to earlier ERP releases..hence as an option Z FM was provided to customer to implement it. However in higher releases it is now standard. Also, you need the BSP settings as well (in the note)

After implementing the note, you need to reset the rfc cache in easyDMS (using preference option)..then logoff and relogon to easyDMS..URL options should appear in context menu.

Rgds

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Update,

So if we are trying to Implement Easy DMS 7.0 with latest SP, then we need not go to Implement the above said BADI or Implement the Functional Module, and we get the Send URL or copy as URL as the standard Functionality, thats great then.

you are also suggesting to Implement a Particular Note which should give this Functionality if i understand it correctly, can u please suggest that particular note along with hints if any so that i can get it implemented accordingly.

Thanks and Regards

S Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. plz do not confule easyDMS release with backend release. The FM is available in SAP backend ERP system. The best way to check is use SE37 to find if there is standard implementation available or not.

For BSP application refer to note 695836

rgds

anubhav