cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we trigger a seperate pricing procedure in invoice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While going thru few documents I came across a qs.Can we trigger a different pricing procedure than the one in sales order at the time of invoice creation ? I know that pricing can be redetermined at invoice level too and all but can we triggere a different Pricing Proc altogether?

Can there be any situation like this in real time?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christino,

It is technically possible, which is actually a mistake.

When we look at the business scenario, the sales order is agreed by the customer only on the terms of Delivery Date, quantity and the price. Hence any change in invoice is not legally binding, except for the tax. In almost all the cases, the automatic prices (the base price of the material) is not changed at all and also the pricing structure does not change. Hence it is quite unlikely to have a process which will have different pricing structures in two subsequent documents. It will only add to the problems.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

This is indeed possible. You assign different Pricing procedure at the billing document level and in the copy controls you maintain the pricing type as "B" and system will determine the pricing procedure again in the billing. But please do not forget to

determine the pricing procedure using "OVKK" transaction code. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Edited by: RamPedarla on Jul 26, 2010 5:53 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can we trigger a different pricing procedure than the one in 
   sales order at the time of invoice creation ?

YES this is very well possible. You differentiate the document pricing procedure from the one in VOV8 to VOFA and maintain different pricing procedure for these different combinations in OVKK.

Can there be any situation like this in real time?

I dont think so and in fact, it is not an ideal situation to have a different one.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard SAP it is not possible to redetermine the pricing procedure at the time of billing since none of the parameterof procedure determination i.e. Sales Areaorder typecustomer can be changed at the time of billing

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay.

But we can have a different document pricing procedure at billing type level so ideally it should be possible..Isnt it?