cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third part PR & PO - for structured article (BOM containing LEER article)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an interesting case:

Our article masters are as follows:

VOLL (main article) has sales order and purchase order unit CAR, while base unit of measure is PC.

This VOLL article has a LEER component (BOM) article defined in it.

The BOM component is defined for 1 CAR of VOLL article there is 1 PC of LEER BOM component.

In out 3rd party process:

When we create a 3rd party sales order, a purchase requisition is automatically created.

So in the sales order for a VOLL article entered in CAR the BOM component LEER article is automatically determined in PC.

But the issue is that when the purchase requisition is created it has only the main article VOLL in it and the BOM component LEER article is not determined.

Note: In the Purchase requisition the main article (VOLL) has units as PC which is the base unit of measure. (Because PR always have quantities in base units).

How can we make the LEER article (BOM component) appear in the purchase requisition and subsequently in the PO?

Usefull answers will be awarded!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(Tcode VOV4) Determine/maintain Sch Line cat(CS) for your sub BOM item as similar to Higher BOM item .

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The BOM item is not coming in PR because the item category group is different. Because of this different ICG, the item category is not determined as TAS or TAB and that is the reason.

Now you need to decide if this is always third party. If so you can maintain the item category as TAS or TAB for the ICG of the child item also (You have to check the item category determination rule for this ICG). If this is done, then you can see that PR is created for your case.

If it is not working please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navaneetha,

The ICG settings are fine. I will explain in the better way to undrstand this concept.

I created a Third party Sales order using VA01 & then create a manual PR using ME51N and i assigned the SO in the Third party PR, the BOM is exporing .Created Third party PO using the Third party PR as a reference , BOM is exploring as defined.

Created a Third party Sales order usnig VA01, After saving the SO, PR will be create automatically. When i create a PO using ME59n then BOM is not exploring either in PR or in PO .

this is the actual problem now.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following link for understanding:

- [BOM in PO|http://www.sap-img.com/materials/bom-is-not-exploding-in-po.htm]

-

-

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP