cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code with more than one currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our company wants to maintain more than 2 currencies apart from Company code currency.

What is the configuration required for this from SD point of view.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following link for understanding:

[ Currency |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=ERPSCM&title=MM-IV-GF-CUR+Currency&decorator=printable]

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One company code cannot have morethan one local currency as per the configuration. This is because all the financial postings should be reported in the currency of the company code and this is the legal requirement. There will not be any second currency.

However in SD there are 3currencies involved. One is company code currency. The second one is customer currency. This currency is the currency in which the value of the document is updated. This currency will be proposed from customer master into the sales document in the field VBAK-WAERS. This currency in the document is called Document currency, this currency is proposed from customer master but can be changed in the document. The last currency is the currency of the condition type, which comes from condition record. This currency also is proposed during condition record maintanence through sales org/company code of the relevant record, but the same can be changed during condition record maintenance. This is called condition type currency.

So conversions from condition type currency to document currency and document currency to local currency will happen at various points of time by the use of exchange rates.

I hope after knowing that there are many currencies involved in SD transactions, you can decide how to make use of this facility for your rqmt. Dont just think on making multiple currencies for your company code.

Hope this helps. If you need more info, pls lemme know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha Krishnan,

Thanks for the feedback. The information given by you is very useful.

Please clarify some more doubts also.

I am clear that, if a customer ask me to provide a document in their currency means, either I have to go for "Document currency" or "Condition type currency".

1. In the document, where we have to maintain the "Document currency"?

2. If I go for "Condition type currency", is it required to maintain the currency for each and every Condition type?

Kindly confirm

Regards,

Mullairaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can maintain the customer curreny in XD02 customer master data in Sales Area data tab sales in the field currency.

Or in sales document at the header level in the sales tab and in Pricing and statistics section in the field Doc. Currency

you can enter the required currency.

or you can also maintain the condition records with the required currency.

regards

SAP SD