Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms and DataMatrix ECC200

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to create a new barcode format with transaction SE73 to print DataMatrix Code ECC 200.

But SAP just support the following barcode types:

Code 39

Code 128

Interleaved

PDF 417

Code 93.

All barcode types are supported by SAP R/3 by creating some printcontrol specified barcode type. As far as the printer would support this printcontrols. (i.e. Kyocera with PRESCRIBE).

How can I create such a Datamatrix Barcode ? Or how to use PRESCRIBE langage (Kyocera) into Smartforms?

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

herbert_stckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP Supports DATA MATRIX ECC200 by release 7.40 SP08

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2001392

For lower releases you need external software. By exampel a solution integrated within the SAP Application, which our company uses:

Suchy MIPS, Barcode Solutions, ABAP Programming, Unicode Solutions, Consulting...

Best regards

Herbert

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Data Matrix ECC 200 barcode seems to be a 2D barcode.

one possible solution is to print via windws device type SAPWIN or SWINCF and use a barcode.dll in windows.

You can use Access Method S if the printer is connected to a Windows print server running SAPSprint. You use Access Method G or F if the printer is defined in the Windows Print manager of the Frontend user's PC.

If you print via device type SAPWIN, the creation of the print data is done in the Windows. So the Windows may create a graphic, which contains the bars of the barcode, and send this graphic to the printer.

The job to create the barcode graphic is done by the barcode.dll. See the following SAP Note for more information:

14561 - Printing barcodes via SAPLPD / Barcode DLL

Regards,

Aidan