cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MM Functional Consultant's role in a Upgrade Project from 4.6C to 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I will be thrown into a SAP Upgrade Project. I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on what a SAP MM Functional Consultants role would be in this kind of Project.

I would appreciate a comprehensive guide where it includes role within each stage of the ASAP methodology for Upgrades.

Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well if its a Technical upgrade, then the role of Functional consultant would be to test the entire cycle. You may also stress on standard tcodes which have heavy customization just to make sure that the upgrade didnt impact the custom code.

1. Entire end to end cycle testing

2. All standard tcodes with huge customization to be tested for all relevant scenarios/data/data load

3. All custom program to be tested

4. Interfaces to be tested

5. Variants to be checked for standard/cloned programs as there is a possiblity of change in selection screen

6. Workflows/idocs/Print programs etc to be tested

7. Queries to be tested as they are affected due to upgrade

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I will be thrown into a SAP Upgrade Project. I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on what a SAP MM Functional Consultants role would be in this kind of Project.

- defining the core processes

- test and customize them

- release the customizing transports for production

> I would appreciate a comprehensive guide where it includes role within each stage of the ASAP methodology for Upgrades.

Since each project is different and each system has a different customizing/configuration it's not possible to generate a step-by-step guide what you have to do. The requirements are usually defined by the business.

Your project leader should be able to give you a project plan (e. g. by using Solution Manager Upgrade Project) where you can get an idea based on the system you're going to upgrade.

Markus