SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Retail - Allocations (Sell from date)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to understand the functionality provided by SAP Retail for Allocations.

While creating an Allocation table, there is a sell-from date which exists in the details for a particular article. What I understand is that the article can be sold from the date mentioned in the "Sell from date" which is different from the Plant & DC delivery date.

Suppose the Plant delivery date is on Friday and the Sell from date is Monday the next week, what will be the stock status which has been delivered on Friday?

Is it the case that the stock status will be blocked/restricted rather than being in unrestricted use stock?

Please guide.

best Regards

Prashant Kedare

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With respect to the artcle status these dates are informational. They do not affect the stock status. if you have Goods Receipted this stock as unretricted into the Store then that is the status they will be regardless of the 'sell by date' in the Allocation Table.

Regards

Lisa

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anybody help me in this regard??

Regards

Prashant Kedare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With respect to the artcle status these dates are informational. They do not affect the stock status. if you have Goods Receipted this stock as unretricted into the Store then that is the status they will be regardless of the 'sell by date' in the Allocation Table.

Regards

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have another query in this regard. Will this Sell from date reflect anywhere on the PO/STO which will be created wrt Allocations so as to apprise the stores of the date or do you suggest to use Allocation Notifications for the necessary.

Is there a standard user exit which can be utilised for getting the sell from date on PO/STO

Thanks & Best Regards

Prashant Kedare

0 Kudos

Hi

No the Sell from date won't appear in the PO/STO, it could appear in the output if you created it as such.

I would use Allocation Notifications. Then all Stores affected get the information about what is due into them and on what day they should begin selling directly from the AT.

Lisa