cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance when archiving SD_VTTK is very poor,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

performance when archiving SD_VTTK is very poor, can anyone help me to find out which parameters i need to tune, from R3 or DB

jansi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know your DB release?

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for te reply, i m in critical phase, my DB is oracle 10.2.0.4.0, and R3 is EHP4 implemented. Further i got some notees as.

Note 391694 - Performance problem when archiving SD_VTTK

Note 391694 - Performance problem when archiving SD_VTTK

but nothing helps,since that is prio release.. can u help me immediately.

thanks,

jansi

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Note 391694 usually helps with this. In any case currently main recommendation is to minimize the selection criteria as minimum as possible, or you can consider if parallel processing can be active for this backgroud job for fast processing. Archiving program SDVTTKWRS cannot handle a high huge set of data of shipment documents to be archived. Understand that when system reads a shipment doc., it is not just this document but also the deliveries involved or assigned to it. Once it is done, the reading of shipment net also checks if such deliveries are present in other shipment document.. in order to check if might or not be archived..To sump up, different tables and different documents involved in flow.

You must use more filtration parameters and cut down on the number of shipments to be archived.. if not, long response time will occur.

Apart from this, from a DB perspective, you can of course make sure that all oracle parameters are set as recommended. Main note for this is 830576. Also, the note 1171650 will help you this since it contains an script that will cross-check your current parameter setting with the recommended one (from note 830576) and will suggest you any necessary change.

Also I would recommend to make sure statistics are calculated. Please refer to notes 838725, 132861 and 122718 on this regard.

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, but my system is alraedy migrated to unicode EHP4 implemented, not sure the note Note 391694 - Performance problem when archiving SD_VTTK woudl be relevant and the note for performance autoamted check also fine, didnt see any issue against this.

is there any relevant note against on release SAP APPL 604.

thanks,

jansi

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mostly all of simmilar issues are accessing VTFA table. Can you check it with a SQL trace from ST05 transaction? If that is the case, note 816915 could be of help.

From DB point of view, if all parameters are set correctly, you can ensure also that latest SBP is installed (note 1137346 for 10.2.0.4)

Otherwise I would suggest to open an oss message in LE-TRA-TP-AR component.

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sap oss ticket 0000618815 has been created

Regards,

jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos