cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Network to WBS with TECO syste status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, would like to ask if there's a way wherein I can still add a network in wbs with TECO system status? please note that this is use not to create PR but we use for monitoring purpose only. Hope for your reply.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we reduce the commitments when the WBS is in TECO status ?

Minor changes/revision of quantities in existing purchase orders at the time of closeout are very normal.

Kindly help as this is a requirement needed by our users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After going through some SAP notes i totally agree with Nitin and Ahmed. You cannot create a network under a WBS having TECO status. In case system allows you to do so it is caused due to a program error and has to be rectified.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on Jul 26, 2010 5:00 PM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Assignment of order to WBS element is not allowed in TECO status. You need to change staus of WBS from TECO to REL and than only you can do. Ideally in TECO status you cannot create any commitment / new actual cost. Only created busienss process you can process. That's why system is not allowing you to create order inTECO WBS. ( It's by system design )

For ex. take reverse assumption that system is allowing you in that case also your acitivity / Netowrk will be on TECO and logicallly you cannot do much new business with that.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logically speaking, i agree with Ahmed and Nitin. In that case has it been wrongly mentioned in SAP help that TECO status allows you to add networks or is it a typo error in the help document or am i misinterpreting it?

Kindly clarify.

Best Regards,

Gokul

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Network is an order, and in TECO status, assignment of order is forbidden. So, you cannot assign network to a TECO Status WBS Element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can created networks for WBS having TECO status.This is what SAP Help says regarding TECO status,

Technically completed (TECO)

Use

You use this status for WBS elements that are completed from a technical point of view, but where you still expect costs to accrue.

Prerequisites

The Created or Released status must have been set. The completion indicator must be set for transfer price agreements.

Features

In status Technically completed, you can create new subordinate WBS elements (with a warning). The status is passed on to subordinate WBS elements.

The status allows

You from assigning networks, production orders or CO orders to the WBS element.

You to post actual costs

You to transfer actual costs

You can cancel the Technically completed status. In this case the system sets the Released status.

You can prevent the Technically completed status from being canceled. Create a user status that prohibits the Revoke technical completion business transaction.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gokul