Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP dumps after db2 data library rename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have tried to migrate a sap DB2 library from one system (QAS) to

another (PEC) by using the RNMOBJ object. Now the system dumps at every

transaction, even at logon (see enclosed screenshots).

This looks a lot like an authorisation issue, but we cannot find the problem.

Steps:

1. RNMOBJ OBJ(R3QASDATA) OBJTYPE(*LIBL) NEWOBJ(R3PECDATA)

2. AS4FIXFILE DBLIB(R3PECDATA) CHGOWN(*YES)

3. CALL QSYS2/QSQXRLF PARM(DLT R3PECDATA)

4. CALL QSYS2/QSQXRLF PARM(CRT R3PECDATA)

Anyone an idea?

Kind regards,

Nicolas De Corte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

As far as I know, RNMOBJ is not possible for a library when the library contains a journal - so I assume, you have ended journaling before the RNMOBJ and deleted the journal. If so, any INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE request under commitment control will fail unless you created the journal and started journaling for all tables after the RNMOBJ.

Anyway, renaming the SID of an SAP system requires more than just renaming the database library - you must follow the procedures of a homogeneous system copy (see SAP Note 585277).

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Thanks for you answer.

Indeed, I ended the journalling before rnmobj and started it again afterwards.

I know that rnmobj is not advised by SAP, but I did follow the manual in note 585277. Only instead of SAVLIB/RSTLIB I have renamed the lib.

Anyway, when I try to logon to the system, I get a dump immediately which shows nothing (see below) and then an error saying "An SQL error occurred when accessing a table TEMSG".

To me this looks a lot like if SAP is not able to access the database. When I look at the objects, authorisations seem to be quite ok... (all authority for PECOWNER)

other ideas?

Runtime Errors         ???                                                                           
Date and Time          00.00.0000 11:32:18                                                                                
ShrtText                                                                                
There is no help text for this runtime error                                                    
     Either the text was inadvertently deleted or the release of                                     
     the kernel differs from that of the database.                                                   
     Refer to the Note system for further information on                                             
     this runtime error.                                                                                
Error analysis                                                                                
Description not available                                                                                
Parameters:                                                                                
P1..................... " "                                                                     
     P2..................... " "                                                                     
     P3..................... " "                                                                     
     P4..................... " "                                                                     
     P5..................... " "                                                                     
     P6..................... " "                                                                     
     P7..................... " "                                                                     
     P8..................... " "                                                                     
     P9..................... " "                                                                                
Trigger Location of Runtime Error                                                                   
     Program

0 Kudos

Do the developer trace files (/usr/sap/<sid>/<instance>/work/dev_w<n>) contain useful information about failing SQL statements? Or the joblog of the work processes (2-tier) or database shadow processes (3-tier)? Do you see the problem only for this table, or also for other tables?

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For every database function in the dev trace functions I get a "sql error -7008"

0 Kudos

Have a look at SAP Note 116192. SQL error -7008 comes with a reason code that can be found in the joblog of the work process. If the reason code is 3, 9 or 17, then the SAP Note has some explanations how to fix the problem. If you get another reason code, please let me know, maybe together with other messages in the joblog (if available).

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the info, this helped me foreward. It seems it was a journalling problem.

gr.

Nicolas

Answers (0)