cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an Issue with DIEN material type for which there is no shipping data in material master.

I have created SO with DIEN material type and it picked TAW as item category.Now, Since DIEN is a service item I cannot ship it There is no shipping point in SO since the item is DIENand hence directly try to create Invoive.But, system will not allow me to create invoice without delivery.Why there is a need of delivery for service item.

How can I stop this ? If I change TAW settings it will effect other materials.Shoold I change material?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

The Standard ITem Category for Service is TAD. I wonder why have you determined TAW (which Value Item) for Service item.

I feel you should use TAD Item Category which is not relevant for Delivery & Invoice is created with reference to Order (without Delivery)

Also for your question on changes in TAW, you can do it (which is not recommended) provided no other material relevant for Delivery is using TAW Item category. Should you prefer to change TAW then remove the Item Relevant for Delivery Tick Mark & set Billing Relevance to B.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jignesh, Absolutely correct.I understand that.But my client want to trigger TAW.Not sure why he want this.If TAW is there then we need to manulayy add shipping point.I will ask my client either use TAD or manully they need to add shipping point (still DIEN is not physical).thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

Service Material can be of two types, with delivery and without delivery.

If your Service Material is not relevant for delivery, then change the Item category group to LEIS instead of DIEN in the Material master > Sales org 2 tab.

DIEN is meant for Service item with delivery.

Now, your item category should be determined as TAD in the Sales order in standard SAP.

For example,

OR + LEIS + blank + blank -

> TAD.

Now, you can create the Billing with reference to the Sales order.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done as you have suggested.But, Along with item TAD there is TAN, How can I invoice these two items togethre?

Customer wants only one invoice with all the items.