Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SARA ::: delete an archiving session

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possibile to delete an incomplete or interruped sessione from management?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually, there is a way to delete/archive incomplete entries (or old entries that are no longer needed) from the ADK management information. Double click on the archive session at the run number level. Click on the change button, select the To Be Archived checkbox and "Save". This moves this archive session to the end under Archiving Sessions Marked for Deletion.

Then run archive object BC_ARCHIVE to completely remove the management information.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

I am having same issue, that the delete program deleting 1 out of 6/4 files generated by write program and leaving it under incomplete archive sessions. Any idea, why it is deleting first file and leaving the rest?

As you advised earlier i tried following the steps and i can see those are moved under "Archivd Sessions Marked for deletion" , but not very clear on next step to clear the management information, about  "Then run archive object BC_ARCHIVE to completely remove the management information". Is this step under "Delete" ?

Appreciate your help on this.

Regards

Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Karin,

The above information is usefull. I did managed to get through the archive delete sessions leaving under "Incomplete Archive Sessions" by scheduling delete job every 1hr instead of once a day.

Thank you

Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataphi,

Could you share with me how you schedule the delete job for the "Incompleted Archive Sessions" ?

Is it done thru the BC_ARCHIVE preprocessing?

Or is there any other program that can be use to do this ?

Thanks,

Afiq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You can't but it is not important because the next archiving session will deal with the data which may be left by the interrupted job. SAP Archiving is interruption-proof because data written in the files is deleted from the database. You can check how you have intrruped/incomplete session and resolve the issue and it will get into complete status.

Read the below SDN Message for more information

For more information of Interrupting and continuing the archive sessions

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/1f/489e3a85166506e10000000a114084/content.htm