cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments with Adobe Interactive Forms in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am making use of WDA with Interactive Forms. The attachments are added to the interactive forms and can be stored on to the server(SAP backend). I have thought of the following solution:

1. Read the File attachments & get the xstring. ( I know how this is done - refer [Blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10864] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];).

2. Is it a good approach to store them in Z-tables ? Howdo we archieve them and avoid table growing in size over a period of time? Or is there a better way to do it ?

3. How do i programatically generate the Interactive PDF with the attachments aded earlier ? How does IF_FP_PDF_OBJECT~SET_ATTACHMENTS work ?

Awaiting your help. Thanks!

Regards,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2) I would not do that. I would rather use some GOS/ content server/ archive link. I believe there is a object (like BOR object) you can use to link the files with, right? And using this CS/GOS/AL approach will not damage your DB performance because these things are made for file archiving and use the file system rather then the DB.

3) Did you check the FP_* reports in your backend? I believe there are the demo reports with this prefix available in all the systems and one of the reports should work as a demo for the attachments things. Should not be difficult to identify the right one, since they have a reasonable description.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) I went thru' some of your posts & found the answer. Yes, may be i would be going for the GOS. If there are any questions on GOS i would raise it separately for sure.

3) I have checked the FP_* programs. They are indeed good but was not applicable for my case. When i am using the forms in WDA, i want to display the PDF along with the attachments on the initial screen. At this time, the PDF is NOT rendered on the screen so i do not have the XSTRING. Just to share the solution for some one who would need it in future:

a) populate the context with data for your adobe form

b) in the modify view, one can manipulate the view's property (Believe me, just use basic principles of WDA. Added the attachment by accessing UI element AdobeInteractiveForm. Class cl_wd_interactive_form would help you ).

That's It!!.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share a short code snippet from your modifyview? Would be great. Was my mistake I didn´t notice you ask about WDA and would like to learn this, since it is new to me. Would be great, thank you for sharing, I like your style:))

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i m new to Adobe Interactive Forms and want to use Attachment facality with Interactive Forms in Web Dynpro Java.

Cazn you tell me the requirements and Complete procedure for this

i have created a sample application with a dynamic table

Also my Submit(to SAP ) button is not working

and Data entered in Interactive forms is not getting transfered to web DYnpro(in Java) context

Can any body help me out.......

Answers (0)