Use material number with profile serial number in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a material number in the back-end and I transfered it to the

SRM.

After creating and approving the PO with that material number, I tried to

create a confirmation in the SRM and I got the error message:

"Maintain serial numbers for total quantity".

I do not have an a suitable field in the SRM.

Please advice.

Best Regards

Eyal Weinreb

HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check it up in ECC.

even if you do MIGO, you will get same erro message.

Note 1278707 - BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE: Message M7 175 during goods receipt

You are using BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE to perform a goods receipt posting for a subcontracting purchase order where the materials being received are serial number managed. The BAPI incorrectly returns the error message M7 175 (Maintain serial numbers for total quantity) even though the correct number of serial numbers are being passed over in the parameter table GOODSMVT_SERIALNUMBER. This error also occurs when the serial numbers should be automatically created during the goods receipt posting (controlled by the field SERIALNO_AUTO_NUMBERASSIGNMENT in the table GOODSMVT_ITEM).

Note 1337306 - Goods receipt for stock transport order with serial numbers

In transaction MIGO, you post a goods receipt for stock transport orders for a material with serial number requirement and the system issues error message M7 175: "Maintain serial numbers for total quantity". On the "Serial Numbers" tab page, all you are told is that the item is not relevant for serial numbers. You are therefore unable to maintain serial numbers, even though there is a serial number requirement for this transaction/event. You can post the goods receipt in transaction MB01.

IEN 166 Maintain serial numbers for total quantity

M7 175 Maintain serial numbers for total quantity