cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate to cluster MSCS and use the same source system's hostname and IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have an existing SAP NW PI 7.0 (Abap + Java on Windows 2003 - SQLServer 2005) and plan to migrate to a cluster with new hardware (MSCS).

I have to prepare for the installation by creating a homogeneous copy of the database but I'm a little bit confused.

-Can I use backup/restore method or only can use import/export with R3load tools? The target system is windows and sql server same versions.

-If I can use backup/restore... what is the rigth sequence to the installation? Can I use sapinst with mixed high availability options and System copy options?

-I need to use in the target system the same hostname and IP address of the actual system, so in the Follow-Up Activities we do not change the configuration between the actual system (SAP NW PI) and other existent systems in the landscape but I do not know what is the location in the cluster to this hostname and IP:

*The central instance is the local disks in the node 1. Is the node 1 the rigth option to use the hostname and IP of the actual system?

*The SAP Cluster group has a virtual hostname and IP. Is the sap cluster group he rigth option to use the hostname and IP of the actual system?

How is the communication between the other systemas and the new clustered system?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Refer to SAP note 547314, and the System Copy Guide for your SAP

release on SAP Service Marketplace :

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> <SAP System> -> <Release>

->Installation.

Regards.

Answers (0)