cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can non commercial measurement units be used in Shopping Cart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am observing the following behaviour in my SRM 7.0, Classic Scenario:

it can happen, that a portal user gives a UOM manually while the creation of his shopping cart and everythings seems to be fine. The shopping cart gets approved but at the time of the transmission to R/3, a backend application error occures. The reason for this error is, that the selected UOM is not ment for commercial usage.

My analysis shows the following picture:

If UOMs are replicated from R/3 to SRM without any filter settings, than all the UOMs are getting transferrd to SRM, even those, that are not ment for commercial usage.

Now actually SRM is trying to handle that in a way, that such non-commercial UOM are not getting shown in the Portal, when a search help for the selection of UOM is used by the shopping cart creator.

But periodically it happens, that the shopping cart creator just manually writes the UOM into the SC and by bad luck this is an abbreviation that does exist but is not ment for commercial usage.

Now in R/3 it is the case, that such UOMs are not accepted by the system, if you try to use them in a Purchase Requisition or a Puchases Order.

But in SRM apperently there is no check and the UOM only get flagged at the time of the transmission of the shopping cart to R/3.

Is there a way how to bring SRM to through an error, in case such a UOM is given? Or is there any other idea, how to deal with that situation?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

there is a note for this symptom: 1491691.

The correction was delivered with SP09.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to create or identify an existing RFC enabled function module in ECC that checks a currency and return the flag of "commercial use permitted". Then in SRM, implement BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI and call this RFC to validate the item currency. If it is not for commercial use, throw an error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

UOM is transferred to SRM using "DNL_CUST_BASIS3" through T-Code R3AS.

If required you may use multiple/Alternate UOM too in SRM.

"V_T006D" may be used for verifying UOM in SRM.