Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have recently upgraded from GRC 5.3 SP11 to SP12

i have an error in ERM which says '' error: create a valid request ''

I have configured the workflow for ERM role approval in CUP (path is active ) etc but when o click on Role approval tab .. it throws out the above error.

any ideas? any one encountered this before ?

Regards

Kev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

can you tell me how to resolve this problem?

I have the same problem and I need help

Regards

Moy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moises,

Kindly ref the below SAP Note

#1635420 - Create valid request error

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kev,

Id suggest you check the integration between CUP and ERM thoroughly as i feel the problem is in that.. Check to make sure that you have approver for the role defined in ERM itself if you have approver derterminator of CUP looking for that. Logs of ERM will also help in determining the problem.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all the responses , I have done all the post config setting , theintegration between CUP and ERM is fine , the webservices are all correct with user name and password

The approvers are defined and ERM and the approver also exist in CUP

here are the logs

ERM :LOG

2010-07-26 11:57:43,953 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9] ERROR 2010 : com.virsa.ae.core.BOException: Exception in creating the new workflow

2010-07-26 11:57:43,953 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9] DEBUG Adding msgValue: Code: 2010; Locale: en

2010-07-26 11:57:43,953 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9] DEBUG Adding msg to msglist

2010-07-26 11:57:43,953 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9] DEBUG forwarding to:loadEditRole.do

2010-07-26 11:57:43,953 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9] DEBUG

CUP log :

2010-07-26 11:55:59,095 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_27] ERROR com.virsa.ae.requestsubmit.RequestSubmission : submitRequest : : setting error code to 2010

com.virsa.ae.core.BOException: Exception in creating the new workflow

Regards

Kev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kev,

The logs do not provide much information but this seems like config issue. Have you configured the approvers in ERM and also the right workflow in CUP? Also, make sure that you are able to see an active ERM request type and associated initiator as well as an active non-detour path.

Regards.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kevin,

Are you getting the same error when creating a new role in ERM or only with the old roles. If the same error persists I would reccomend you to check wrokflow configuration setting that is not getting a valid request type as mentioned earlier .

Regards,

Satyabrat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgrade, have you uploaded all initial files again ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have performed all Post patch upgrade activities in ERM and in all other components. Please refer SAPnote 1168183 for more info in ERM post upgrade activities. You can also follow the guide 'How to Apply Support Packages in AC 5.3' for complete reference.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kev,

Please provide the error details from Configuration -> Log History -> System Logs.

Regards

-Ranjiv